• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Jack1

International Debutant
Ashwin the top scorer in both innings now
Ashwin is a student of the game . He’s also a nice guy, a team player and likes to have fun. I think all these things make him a prime candidate to be a good batsman in these conditions . Woakes seems the sane minus the student of game part possibly. I do like Ashwin he’s a great player

Jack1

International Debutant
Joint motm could be in order here. Difficult to separate Woakes and Anderson. I’d be inclined to favour Anderson with 9-43 (and not done yet ) I think

R!TTER

State Regular
I dont think Hardik Pandya adds a lot in the test team you are better off playing a top batsman
He doesn't but we also don't have peak SRT or Dravid waiting in the wings. I think if all the tracks are like these then we need to do something totally radical - like open with Pandya and Ashwin, assuming Pandya plays all the tests. If it worked for Don why not India :laugh:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Joint motm could be in order here. Difficult to separate Woakes and Anderson. I’d be inclined to favour Anderson with 9-43 (and not done yet ) I think
Woakes for me. Anderson did his job beautifully by getting the openers in both innings. But the match was shaped by Woakes' spell after the rain on Friday and his hundred.

Jack1

International Debutant
Good for Woakes to get the last wicket. That might nick the motm. But very harsh on Anderson. At least ashwin made a fist of it

Tbh I’d give it to Anderson, 9-43 is ridiculous even vs 137* and 4-43. Tough one. I feel like they are more likely to give it to Woakes, it’s his debut ton and I wouldn’t argue with that

Maiden ton even (obviously

Last edited:

Jack1

International Debutant
Woakes for me. Anderson did his job beautifully by getting the openers in both innings. But the match was shaped by Woakes' spell after the rain on Friday and his hundred.
Anderson took 5-20 though before Woakes played that innings. I don’t mind who gets motm, I just think it’s very harsh on whoever doesn’t get it

Tbh Woakes should be on the new ball anyway in both innings, so would have picked up more wickets if it wasn’t for broad. Broad himself will get more wickets long term in these conditions if he gives away the new ball to Woakes I think and the team benefit

Gg India ... not a joke..those conditions were rough lol

Last edited: