• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Jack1

International Debutant
And if Kohli and Ashwin play they won't be fit - if the weather is OK it might be over in two days
Ashwin has the mindset to potentially be a good number 3 in these conditions (considering how bad India are batting in these conditions. Test cricket teams are embarrassingly inflexible with their batting line up however)

Last edited:

BSM

U19 Cricketer
It is almost bittersweet seeing us beat India like this. Obviously as an England fan any victory is good, but the current pattern of test cricket makes it almost meaningless. Because though we may smash India 5-0 here, it will surely happen to us when we tour India.

Problem is, I'm desperate to see a few teams make successful five match test tours to break the mould, but at the same time you really don't want your international team to be the ones subjected to such a rare occurance as a home defeat. It's been made brilliant to win away, but rather humiliating to lose at home.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The magnitude of this victory makes me wish this forum was like 2011 so we could all go swinging our dicks and get infractions everywhere

Lovely stuff though. Big test for India, always hard in these long series to bounce back from an absolute mauling.

a massive zebra

International Captain
This trend of the leading Test nations being nearly invincible at home and absolutely abysmal away is extremely tedious.

To increase competitiveness, I think they should return to the tried and tested but now unfashionable method of playing proper tours with multiple warm up matches against local state/county/province sides to get familiar with the conditions before taking on the full might of a top Test nation in their own conditions. Not gonna happen because money rules these days, but I strongly believe this would lead to more interesting matches in which the balance of power is far more likely to fluctuate over the course of the 5 days.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Those stats for Indian batting away from home (bar Kohli) makes Australia look like a team of Bradmans