• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

cricmahanty

School Boy/Girl Captain
To be fair it's not like England's batting outside of Root has been that much better against the new ball in these conditions. ABC just use the ball so much better than India do, and they can sustain this quality longer than India can. Plus it helps having a strong lower order.

Unless Cook or Bairstow or someone has a big series too, this could easily boil down to Kohli + Bowlers Vs Root + Bowlers with the rest just being supporting cast. Admittedly England's supporting cast seems a lot stronger now.
But eventually over the course of the series, the England batsmen will get better because of being at home and all. India's bowling wouldn't be able to sustain it beyond the 3rd test. So as long as the batting doesn't come in good shape, India are staring at 3-0 or 4-0ish.

I know it's unfortunate losing to a **** team and England are a **** team, but meh!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
India's batting will also get better actually. We will win as it's five tests. Usually we can draw when it's three or so.

cricmahanty

School Boy/Girl Captain
Rahul and Dhawan may as well go full #intent tbh. Painful watching them try to judge the line outside off.
Dhawan shouldn't be in whites for as long as the game of cricket exists.

KL is a good bat but too rickety and temperamentally poor. He'd play the shot of the day one ball and do suicide on the next. Someone needs to give that guy a serious lecture or two..

cnerd123

likes this
But eventually over the course of the series, the England batsmen will get better because of being at home and all. India's bowling wouldn't be able to sustain it beyond the 3rd test. So as long as the batting doesn't come in good shape, India are staring at 3-0 or 4-0ish.

I know it's unfortunate losing to a **** team and England are a **** team, but meh!
I think what's likely to happen is India's bowling breaking down over the series and their quality declining. The batsmen in England's lineup will benefit from that. But if the Indian attack keeps it up somehow over 5 tests then I don't think the English batsmen will do much better than they already are.

Shri

Mr. Glass
This might be a dumb idea but hear me out. Rohit Sharma is watchful as an ODI opener right? He is usually successful in seeing off the swing before going big. Maybe we should make him open? Kill me now.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This might be a dumb idea but hear me out. Rohit Sharma is watchful as an ODI opener right? He is usually successful in seeing off the swing before going big. Maybe we should make him open? Kill me now.
Did you eat a mushroom off the bottom of your shoe again?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sharma isn't a test player. Against a new red cherry he will struggle.

cnerd123

likes this
Rahul's technique is quite good. If he stays for a bit, he will do just fine.
He doesn't have a defensive system is probably a better way of describing it. It's like all his movements are built to end in an aggressive shot, with defense being the last resort if the ball isn't there to hit, which means he's jamming at the ball with hard hands and has already committed his feet to the shot before allowing the ball to swing.

So ultimately on a flat deck it looks like he has technically sound defence, but in conditions like these he's exposed.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah good suggestion since he is in the squad already