• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Am I the only one who thinks Bhajji deserves a chance at this job? He sucks atm but if he gets better with time, I'd love to listen to him talk about off spin bowling more.
Yeah, I don't mind Bhajji now. He is not afraid to say what is on his mind compared to so many BCCI stooges we have seen.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Last Man Standing Game

Believe everyone knows the simple rules of this game. Make your assumptions before start of play for the couple of questions below and get it right to go through to the next round.

1. Will England score more than 300?
2. Will India lose more than 8 wickets today?
1. No
2. Yes
1 No
2 Yes

(Really dislike your first question).
Nice Gary, CricAddict, looks like only Gary and I are still standing.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Virat > Sachin

edit:
Yeah, it is mildly annoying when people keep saying this is why Kohli is super great etc. Of course I am extremely happy we are still in the match thanks to Kohli but lets not paint this as one of the best innings ever or any thing.
sorry

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Kohli is such an animal

There was a brief moment after he crossed 50 where you could see him trying to refocus himself, but he couldn't help having a little smile at having achieved this small yet important milestone.

The next ball he played a loose stroke and was dropped at second slip again.

Since that ball he was basically flawless. We criticise the man for his selections and leadership and the stuff he says to the media, but there is absolutely no questioning his desire and hunger. 100% I would rather be on Kohli's team than playing against him, and yesterday's innings was why. If you don't take your chances he will make you play, and if he gets in the zone he is absolutely irresistible. WAFG. Hope he has a big series here - then he would have conquered Australia, South Africa and England as an Indian batsman.

Also how good was that ball from Ash to Cook? Better than the first innings. Fantastic bowling.

Such a great test. Tonight I can finally stay up and watch all of the third session - I've missed the best action in both days so far.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah, just watched that delivery Ashwin got Cook with. Was just terrific, that. With the new ball, that much turn, a batsman can't really do much.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Kohli is such an animal

There was a brief moment after he crossed 50 where you could see him trying to refocus himself, but he couldn't help having a little smile at having achieved this small yet important milestone.

Since that ball he was basically flawless. We criticise the man for his selections and leadership and the stuff he says to the media, but there is absolutely no questioning his desire and hunger. 100% I would rather be on Kohli's team than playing against him, and yesterday's innings was why. If you don't take your chances he will make you play, and if he gets in the zone he is absolutely irresistible. WAFG. Hope he has a big series here - then he would have conquered Australia, South Africa and England as an Indian batsman.

Also how good was that ball from Ash to Cook? Better than the first innings. Fantastic bowling.

Such a great test. Tonight I can finally stay up and watch all of the third session - I've missed the best action in both days so far.
Yeah, I'm kinda gutted I missed the good parts too (besides Curran's entertaining burst). When I went to bed Kohli was nicking off all the time, and then I wake up to a scorecard that he burst through with the tail getting near 100 runs from 8 wickets down.

That's pretty impressive.

Anyone know what happened to Curran? Did the ball stop swinging and he just got smashed for spraying it? He was 3/stuff all, and now he's 4/74 at 4.35

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Kohli is such an animal

It was almost Lyon-esque

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Kohli is such an animal

He looked clueless at the beginning though. Wouldn't be penning in a huge series yet

Daemon

57 run last wicket stand and just 1 run and 16 balls from Umesh. That's seriously something. Chanders should be ashamed.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I didn't call you stupid, you moron. I said you make stupid points.
Another one ^ lol.

This is this the part I was referring to:

Shri said:
Is it like a challenge you set for yourself everyday?
Say a point is stupid, don't start insulting another poster. Just shows general lack of wit.

Burgey

The documentary on Mumbai cricket @vogue was talking about yesterday. Its cool. Cricket in Mumbai: Episode 1 | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
It's not lost on anyone that the documentary was set in Mumbai and not Chennai.

On an unrelated note, Daemon, we have spoken with Burgey and he will occasionally interact with you on the rare occasions he has time, and the even rarer occasions when you post something worth discussing. On other occasions you'll need to liaise with us.

Regards,
TBT.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Regarding my post on which you so stupidly overreacted, Shri, the point is that people are going overboard when appreciating the Kohli inning. I should expect such hero worship, though, despite not relishing it.