• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Jack1

International Debutant
Eh, I agree that Dhoni massively struggles to find another gear at this point but his innings today actually hasn't been bad. It's not a road and 250-260 will be defendable if they bowl really well.
The problem I have is Dhoni is quite a strong hitter. He actually needs a change of mindset more than anything. A strong hitter with a 88 SR in career that’s dropping suggests a boycott/gavaskar mindset to batting. It’s not like he’s built like chanderpail

cnerd123

likes this
It’s fine at 7. Pandya actually has pretty good career stats with the bat in Odis .
21 off 21 is fine if he comes in to bat in the last 10 overs or something. Its not fine if you come in the 30th over and get out in the 40th

His innings today was far from fine. He should have kicked on

His career record is irrelevant when discussing his performances today

cnerd123

likes this
The problem I have is Dhoni is quite a strong hitter. He actually needs a change of mindset more than anything. A strong hitter with a 88 SR in career that’s dropping suggests a boycott/gavaskar mindset to batting. It’s not like he’s built like chanderpail
Okay now I'm convinced youve literally never actually watched Dhoni bat before 2018

91Jmay

International Coach
He's like 900 years old. Pretty clear he struggles to nail the ball as well consistently nowadays. Players eyes go and they have to play ball later.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Eh what? His eye and reflexes are gone. Power has little do to with it.

Jack1

International Debutant
21 off 21 is fine if he comes in to bat in the last 10 overs or something. Its not fine if you come in the 30th over and get out in the 40th

His innings today was far from fine. He should have kicked on

His career record is irrelevant when discussing his performances today
It’s not a choice to get a certain amount of runs. 21 off 21 isn’t bad. He doesn’t decide to get out. Grow up. It was valuable that he got them at a run a ball. He’s a 7 that bowls. He’s not a front line batter. If you’re relying on him for big runs then it’s a problem

cnerd123

likes this
I'm always all for trying to ensure the team bats 50 overs but 8 runs in 4 overs is just woeful. I don't buy that Dhoni doesn't know that he's not good enough to b in the team. He's not that deluded.

And no a few jammy boundaries here won't change that.
This is what I wonder

MSD must realise he's not good enough anymore

Surely he's a proud enough man in that he won't want to carry on playing if he's a liability to the team, right? I means, that's the general impression I have of him.

Maybe at some level he still believes he has it? Maybe Shastri and Kohli are forcing him to stay on and he actually wants to retire? Maybe he needs the money?

I don't know. I don't get it.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gilchrist wasn't too flash after 35 either. Or Ponting. Or Viv. He's just too ****ing old. He's not up to it physically now.

Borges

International Regular
It is probably not a problem with the mindset. He just does not time it any more; no matter how powerfully one is built, a smidgen of timing is still required.
We just saw in the last over that he is unable to put away, or even flick, balls bowled on his pads