• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Jack1

International Debutant
Pure slogging from Roy, brilliant. When he bats without fear and just tries to hit everything to the boundary he’s at his best.

Commentators are being harsh about that “drop”

It went to the moon right out the middle with maximum power and height. And awkwardly right on the line. Really difficult chance.

Jack1

International Debutant
73/0 off 6. This is carnage.

For me that’s an easier chance, but Hussain thinks different. The one of a Buttler I’d be far more annoyed about dropping personally. Once he’s got to it he should take it, it’s at a good height.

83/0 off 7.1.

Roy is playing magnificently. Hope he just keeps slogging trying to hit boundaries every ball.

Last edited:

R!TTER

State Regular
I didn’t see the toss and didn’t realise that until you posted it. That’s ridiculously stupid selection. He would be my first bowler in the team for India. India are in big trouble right now.
I think over confident & stupid explains them perfectly, the deadly duo of captain & coach
Something about the small boundaries not suiting Kuldeep
What about Chahal :blink:

Last edited:

Jack1

International Debutant
England must not sell themselves short from here. They have such a long line up. 72 deliveries left for Roy, Hales, Morgan, Bairstow, Stokes plus the rest to come. Only Ball can’t bat.

England need to keep pushing. They only need a re-think if they get to 7 down in my view, they need to push at maximum for the highest possible total. It’s looking messy for India still, despite the over the top celebration of the wicket.

Hales needs to be in t20 mode from ball one. Playing himself in is when he gets stuck in a rut.

Last edited:

Jack1

International Debutant
Chahar should be warned for that. That’s pathetic to be honest. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Next ball looked a wide to me

And again another wide. Terrible umpiring. Ok he’s called it a no ball now on height. Free hit

Boom 6. Hales is so much better when he doesn’t worry about getting out.. he needs to stop starting his innings so slowly

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Glorious innings from Roy, some of those sixes were incredible.

Jack1

International Debutant
Would like to see Bairstow next and not Stokes. Don’t agree with India’s slip in for Chahal.

Mr Miyagi’s link and thinking is extremely relevant here. India are crazy with leaving Kuldeep out.

R!TTER

State Regular
Would like to see Bairstow next and not Stokes. Don’t agree with India’s slip in for Chahal.

Mr Miyagi’s link and thinking is extremely relevant here. India are crazy with leaving Kuldeep out.
I beg to differ, Kohli is crazy. We've seen worse selections from him in the past, like Karn Keith Sharma :wacko:
I swear he has this thing for all the Sharmas in India!

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will need a Rohit special to have any sort of chance here, I think. Unfortunately for us, I think most of his monster innings have come while setting a target.

Cow

Banned
Hey Cow, where have been in these most exciting of times?

Coming home, indeed! Wait till the cow comes home, as they say (it's a pity the's only one of you).
Ive decided to post less frequently to avoid infractions from the snowflake moderators who seem to believe showing support for ones country is worthy of reprimand.

What times we live in.

#MCWGA

England are the bees knees at everything at the moment. We are going to urinate into the open mouths of Croatia on Wednesday night... Dele Alli style.

Borges

International Regular
Croatia are a good all round team; they are not going to be push overs. Unlike India in this game, I might add.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'd rather have Root than Hales, I think. Even when Hales comes off, and he might well do here, there's always this period right at the start where he takes 10-15 balls to get going and it really kills the momentum when he comes in at three. When he opened in ODIs he made more sense as he was opening with Roy, who's a really fast starter.

Root rotating the strike from the word go would be more effective when we lose a wicket after a stand like that.