• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Should be a good atmosphere today. Not really fussed who wins, be the first game of the series I will have watched, just hope it a good fun one.

Jack1

International Debutant
Root dropped for Stokes. I’m not remotely surprised.

I hope Stokes is available to bowl if required, although his bowling certainly isn’t great in t20.

Last edited:

Jack1

International Debutant
Nor am I. Well done John.

England's batting with Willey at 7 still looks light. But Plunkett, Rashid and Jordan at 8,9 and 10 help.
I think England are thinking like us. They just want to make maximum use of the 120 balls and aren’t scared of losing wickets. I’m not sure what order they will bat in. I would have thought Stokes would bat below Morgan and Bairstow but we will see

Mr Miyagi

Banned
I think England are thinking like us. They just want to make maximum use of the 120 balls and aren’t scared of losing wickets. I’m not sure what order they will bat in. I would have thought Stokes would bat below Morgan and Bairstow but we will see
Yeah he is reported at 6, which means Bairstow moves up to 5. Hales moves up to 3. Which all makes a a bit more sense. Bairstow ahead of Morgan must have been tempting though.

I'd like the team more if Ali was in form and playing instead of Ball. Or even Woakes for that matter. Definitely both, but Willey has improved.

I linked a quote from the telegraph for you in a previous post. Go have look. I think you may very well like it, and appreciate it even more when you get flamed on forums for your non-conservative viewpoints.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2018/07/07/spinners-underbowled-t20-cricket/

Just because you're in the minority speaking new points of view, doesn't mean you're wrong. But you know this already.

Last edited: