• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Jack1

International Debutant
Yeah he is reported at 6, which means Bairstow moves up to 5. Hales moves up to 3. Which all makes a a bit more sense. Bairstow ahead of Morgan must have been tempting though.

I'd like the team more if Ali was in form and playing instead of Ball. Or even Woakes for that matter. Definitely both, but Willey has improved.

I linked a quote from the telegraph for you in a previous post. Go have look. I think you may very well like it, and appreciate it even more when you get flamed on forums for your non-conservative viewpoints.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2018/07/07/spinners-underbowled-t20-cricket/

Just because you're in the minority speaking new points of view, doesn't mean you're wrong. But you know this already.
It’s a good article. It’s always frustrating to see a captain prefer mediocre fast medium at the death over a decent spinner, I’m glad others have picked up on it. We even see out and out fast bowlers go the distance at the death (and at any stage of the innings) if they can’t bring a good enough element of skill into the equation.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Isn't Chahar the same guy who took 8/10 in a domestic game once?

Jack1

International Debutant
Good comments from Anderson saying it’s the right decision to drop Root. Glad he’s not sitting on the fence about it. It’s obviously a decision for this format and you have to pick your best players for the format you are playing. There can’t be room for sentiment when the rest of the batting lineup is doing so well.

England have started ok. I’m sure they’ll be eyeing up 160 minimum to be in with a chance to win today and ideally 170+

Borges

International Regular
This appears to be a 180+ wicket. At least till India get blown away, when they bat.

R!TTER

State Regular
Captain courageous must have a really good reason to not play Kuldeep today, I mean very good reason other than wanting to lose the T20 series 8-)

Borges

International Regular
Captain courageous must have a really good reason to not play Kuldeep today, I mean very good reason other than wanting to lose the T20 series
Be that as it may. I'm all for seeing how newbies like Deepak Chahar and Sid Kaull perform under pressure.

Jack1

International Debutant
Captain courageous must have a really good reason to not play Kuldeep today, I mean very good reason other than wanting to lose the T20 series 8-)
I didn’t see the toss and didn’t realise that until you posted it. That’s ridiculously stupid selection. He would be my first bowler in the team for India. India are in big trouble right now.