• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2018

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think Makram's wicket is the key for Australia. Get him early and expose the weaker middle order to the newer ball and we'll be in with a good chance of rolling SA cheaply.

If Makram gets in, watch out.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is steyn playing?
Unfortunately not.... may e ready for 4th test but wouldn't be hopeful.

I think Makram's wicket is the key for Australia. Get him early and expose the weaker middle order to the newer ball and we'll be in with a good chance of rolling SA cheaply.

If Makram gets in, watch out.
Markram is one of those players that when he gets in tends to score big.... aggressive mindset, nice foil for Elgar. I still think these matches are all about the bowling units, Smith and ABdV.

Bolo

State Captain
Tend to agree with this. Even if Smith and AB were not the best bats, I think the top order is going to get shredded too many times in this test to rely on an opening bat.

Heboric

International Debutant
Dont mind an Elgar special

Elgar seems to permanently have a five o clock shadow when he bats, even if he had shaved in the morning

Stefan9

International Debutant
.... and Bavuma recovered with a good chance of replacing de Bruyn.
Hmm Theunis really hasn't done enough to justify keeping his spot but should temba play with no cricket under his belt??

Personally I would rather be picking mulder to replace theunis at this stage.

akilana

International 12th Man
Bavuma has done nothing to warrant a place in the side. He has been terrible. AB aside, nobody looked comfortable in the middle. Give De Bryun few more tests before moving on to next player.

Chrish

International Debutant
I am no technical expert but you can tell De Bryun has a massive issue with footwork. With Temba there is at least sign of potential. Neither long-term prospect though.

Heboric

International Debutant
More than likely Bavuma will play, there is an article from You Know Who, who says the numbers arent adding up

GRAB

First Class Debutant
I would feel unpatriotic doing so, but I feel like there are good odds to be had for Rabada getting more censure and missing the fourth test... Maybe he will stare too hard and Steve Smith will fall over...

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Dale Steyn not in the Titans squad for the last Sunfoil series round, that pretty much rules him out for the 4th test too. Can't say I am even the slightest bit surprised.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
...or disappointed. Great as he's been, there's something entirely underwhelming about people flattering to deceive to return from chronic ailments (Steyn) or general indecision (ABdV). I'm glad we get to see de Villiers again, but the will he-won't he phase never wins many admirers.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't really get the Steyn situation. If he's bowling in the nets (as he says he is) then why he has not played ANY form of cricket? Seemed to make an excuse about the impact on his front foot. Ok, but how can be bowl if that's the case?