• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand 2018

Mike5181

International Captain
Leslie should commentate as many games as possible for us. Not terrible.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
This seems like exactly the kind of road where England's batting makes them huge favourites over us. There was bound to be one or two this series, which is why it was so important that we win the last game on a pitch that was more difficult for batting. Ah well.

Our batting is not explosive enough to score 350+ unless Guptill goes huge, or at a stretch De Grandhomme, batting around big run-a-ball scores from Williamson/Taylor.

robbypark

U19 Debutant
This seems like exactly the kind of road where England's batting makes them huge favourites over us. There was bound to be one or two this series, which is why it was so important that we win the last game on a pitch that was more difficult for batting. Ah well.

Our batting is not explosive enough to score 350+ unless Guptill goes huge, or at a stretch De Grandhomme, batting around big run-a-ball scores from Williamson/Taylor.
You can't afford to play tap tappy with a run rate of 4 for the first 30 overs like NZ always do. Gotta go aggressive from the start and maintain a minimum rr of 5 while keeping wickets in hand.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Reckon Southee has been better than Boult this series tbf.
Not that I think Boult has been good, but Southee has picked up one wicket from three and a half matches so far, at 178.00. I think one of the pair definitely needs to give way for Henry (just don’t bowl him at the death).

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Not that I think Boult has been good, but Southee has picked up one wicket from three and a half matches so far, at 178.00. I think one of the pair definitely needs to give way for Henry (just don’t bowl him at the death).
Glad someone went back and looked at the wickets taken, as I'd remembered some good death bowling from Southee lately but couldn't remember many wickets up front. One wicket! Even more backs up what we're saying, that Southee is such a defensive option these days. Like Milne, like Nathan McCullum was (but without the batting).

Is that enough to justify his spot in the side? Could make an argument that it does on this sort of road, but I'm leaning more towards Henry or maybe Ferguson on anything less roady.

Meridio

International Regular
Have we not learned yet that Santner has a terrible pair of hands? Why is he still fielding in the infield?

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Glad someone went back and looked at the wickets taken, as I'd remembered some good death bowling from Southee lately but couldn't remember many wickets up front. One wicket! Even more backs up what we're saying, that Southee is such a defensive option these days. Like Milne, like Nathan McCullum was (but without the batting).

Is that enough to justify his spot in the side? Could make an argument that it does on this sort of road, but I'm leaning more towards Henry or maybe Ferguson on anything less roady.
I agree Southee’s been good at the death, but I don’t think you could ever justify that sort of wicket-taking strike rate.

If only we could open with Henry and then super-sub him with Southee for the death.