• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand 2018

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bloody hell, Bairstow. Ronchi's 170 at this ground is under threat at this rate.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I agree Southee’s been good at the death, but I don’t think you could ever justify that sort of wicket-taking strike rate.

If only we could open with Henry and then super-sub him with Southee for the death.
I'm just guarding against grass-is-always-greener by remember quite how **** Henry is on a very flat deck. Makes you yearn for anyone with a change-up.

How huge can Bairstow go here?

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I'm just guarding against grass-is-always-greener by remember quite how **** Henry is on a very flat deck. Makes you yearn for anyone with a change-up.

How huge can Bairstow go here?
I'll take the remote possibility of two or three wickets up top over the death bowling at this point. We're toothless.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I'll take the remote possibility of two or three wickets up top over the death bowling at this point. We're toothless.
yes so would I

It just needs to be written into someone's contract that Henry doesn't bowl more than two overs after the 25 over mark.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Very true!

He does average 24.5 from 35 ODIs though, so he’s got something going for him that I think’s worth a shot.

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
might see fergie or henry getting a proper shot once southees average creeps north of 35 I imagine
Southee has been bad in ODI’s for years, just like Luke Ronchi was, Tom Latham is etc. If you’re one of the boys in this set up you aren’t going anyway. One of the pitfalls of keeping a coach on for six plus years.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Who thought highest 2nd wicket partnership for England against New Zealand in New Zealand was an interesting record?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
In other news, I don’t think this Munro/de Grandhomme fifth bowler option is working.
I think it's done surprisingly well most matches tbh, and imo we don't have a lot of choice unless a more genuine allrounder appears from somewhere, as our lower order batting would be absolutely shocking with one more bowler in it.

Still wish Williamson would contribute an occasional few overs though.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I think it's done surprisingly well most matches tbh, and imo we don't have a lot of choice unless a more genuine allrounder appears from somewhere, as our lower order batting would be absolutely shocking with one more bowler in it.

Still wish Williamson would contribute an occasional few overs though.
Chapman could supplement the part-timers if he comes in for Nicholls too.