• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand 2018

BeeGee

International Captain
We are chasing. Big day for Henry Nicholls - if he is out cheaply and Munro does well, the test no 5 place might be in jeopardy
Picking your number 5 test batsman based on a player's performance as an ODI opening slogger is like picking your new account based on his excellent tap dancing skills.

Having said that, knowing our selectors, ... Yeah.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I wonder what the least amount of runs off the last 10 overs is when you're over 250 at the 40th over mark.

veganbob

U19 Captain
Southee has been bad in ODI’s for years, just like Luke Ronchi was, Tom Latham is etc. If you’re one of the boys in this set up you aren’t going anyway. One of the pitfalls of keeping a coach on for six plus years.

Santner is the worst case of this in tests. Atleast the rest you mentioned contributed at some stage. Santner probably tickles hesson's nipples and he feels pleasure so he keeps selecting the worst bits and pieces test player ive ever seen.

Woohoo . Great stuff sodhi! I like santner in odis but we all know he isn't gonna win us a cwc knockout game with his bowling. Sodhi could.

thierry henry

International Coach
Santner is the worst case of this in tests. Atleast the rest you mentioned contributed at some stage. Santner probably tickles hesson's nipples and he feels pleasure so he keeps selecting the worst bits and pieces test player ive ever seen.

Woohoo . Great stuff sodhi! I like santner in odis but we all know he isn't gonna win us a cwc knockout game with his bowling. Sodhi could.
I'm not a huge fan of Santner in tests but this is ridiculous. He's a containing spinner (who actually has an ok average for the role he plays but admittedly hasn't shouldered a heavy burden with the ball) and a handy lower-order bat who averages mid-20s. This is a very common role in test cricket, ok spinners who can bat a bit from seam-friendly countries are dime a dozen. He isn't the "worst" anything.