• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Trans-Tasman Twenty20 Tri-Series

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Looking at Wheeler's Super Smash performances it's a bit of a stretch to have him in the squad in the first place. Average of 42, ER of over 9. Not exactly impressive stuff.

Adam Milne's actually been a pretty good T20 bowler for us and he's been back playing Ford Trophy cricket for the last three weeks or so. That'd be a much better pick.
Even Mitch M? From memory he got hammered in the BBL but might as well make use of a T20 gun for hire when available. Not the Lesson way I know.

Moss

yeah and it would be so nz to boot a promising 140+ left armer who swings it with good bounce into the wilderness because he choked in a T20 against oz.

kid has the all physical tools to be trent boults equal in tests, perhaps better #triggerNDfans
I very much doubt he'll be booted out, more worried that his self-belief would've taken a real beating. This is where NZC gets to show its man management chops.

The Hutt Rec

I think ideally you'd play him in the next game against the sightly less threatening England at the slightly less threatening Seddon Park ... but if Santner is back, and it's a pretty important game for NZC (the difference between a 10,000 crowd and a 40,000 crowd at the final) I don't think there's a chance we'll see him again this series.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Apparently Australia are now the no.2 ranked T20I team and would be no. 1 if they won the final. After winning just like 4 or 5 games? This is why no one takes the T20 rankings seriously

_Ed_

I see the Eden Park boundaries argument is raging yet again. It would seem that Jim Maxwell has never seen a game at the ground before.

I'm not sure where all these critics go during the games where the ball's swinging around corners. Admittedly I do find those ones more fun too.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't seem to get statsguru to give me ave 1st and 2nd innings totals for grounds but I did find this which was interesting.....

Eden Park ave runs per wicket - 28.27 @ 4.73 rpo

#MCGISSOBIG ave runs per wicket - 28.90 @ 4.48 rpo

Hardly a significant difference there.

Edit: That's for ODI's

Last edited:

Shady Slim

International Coach
Can't seem to get statsguru to give me ave 1st and 2nd innings totals for grounds but I did find this which was interesting.....

i wonder what the boundary % would be at eden park compared to the mcg because that could tell a different story sort of thing

Days of Grace

International Captain
So, that's about 9% total runs in boundary fours for Eden Park vs 7% for the MCG. Not a huge difference.

2% in sixes for Eden Park vs 0.5% for the MCG. Quite a significant difference.

morgieb

RPO difference is fairly large.

Eden Park does hoop a lot, though.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
RPO difference is fairly large.

Eden Park does hoop a lot, though.
4.73 V's 4.48......That's not really a large difference. It's 12 runs an innings.

It's just annoying like Ed said that pundits that should know better see the small boundaries and think.....wow this is a postage stamp, how will we not see every ball clearing the rope here, when the reality is it's normally a great ground to bowl on and big scores are not overley common.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

The run rates or average runs per wicket isn't really the main issue people are complaining about I think. It's the boundaries and in particular the sixes. Just quoting the average runs per wicket/runs per over isn't that relevant IMO.

I think where it gets people annoyed is when really sloppy mi****s go for big 6s, or the bowler deceives the batsman with a nice slower ball, bit of flight or quick short ball and it still goes for 6 easily and regularly.

Anyway I don't really care personally. It's not like every game of cricket ever is played at Eden Park. And it's not like every game at Eden Park has huge scores.

Shady Slim

International Coach
So, that's about 9% total runs in boundary fours for Eden Park vs 7% for the MCG. Not a huge difference.

2% in sixes for Eden Park vs 0.5% for the MCG. Quite a significant difference.
the way i worked it out i came to 46% of all the runs at eden park coming from boundaries compared to only 31% total runs at the mcg
(1539*4)+(331*4)/17886=46%
(2067*4)+(169*6)/29741=31%
both of those are rounded fwiw

Shady Slim

International Coach
the way i worked it out i came to 46% of all the runs at eden park coming from boundaries compared to only 31% total runs at the mcg
(1539*4)+(331*4)/17886=46%
(2067*4)+(169*6)/29741=31%
both of those are rounded fwiw
to me that's a fairly solid disparity

TheJediBrah

to me that's a fairly solid disparity
Why are we even doing this though? Surely there's no one that doesn't realise that there are going to be a higher proportion of boundaries on a tiny ground than on one of the biggest ground.

Who are we trying to convince? I just don't get the purpose of all this