• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They'll probably drop Rahane and Bhuvi again.

Jinx's innings was incredibly vital. First game back after being dropped , in sych terrible form that the captain said "no one wanted him in the team " and he plays the most fluent knock of the test by miles. Wafg.
Rahane's innings was fantastic. Couldn't believe how fluent how he looked. I think SA's drops of him and Bhuvi really cost them this game. Every match has been decided by small margins in this series.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't quite know what to make of Pandya now. Was incredible in the first Test but stunk it up with the bat after that. He didn't bowl badly,just wasn't used enough. He's a little less bits and pieces than I expected but still needs a lot of work.
Nah Pandya's playing in England, idgaf about his tecnique and all that. Dude really really balances our side, not to mention not picking Pandya just means Rohit comes in as the 6th batsmen which I really don't want to happen. Pandya, Bhuvi, Saha and Ashwin make for a really really neat lower middle order. If India can get even 100 runs from them collectively we just need our top 5 to click and we are on our way to making some decent scores in England.

What I really don't want is our pacers tiring after 80-90 overs and having England put huge totals like last time.

OverratedSanity

Nah Pandya's playing in England, idgaf about his tecnique and all that. Dude really really balances our side, not to mention not picking Pandya just means Rohit comes in as the 6th batsmen which I really don't want to happen. Pandya, Bhuvi, Saha and Ashwin make for a really really neat lower middle order. If India can get even 100 runs from them collectively we just need our top 5 to click and we are on our way to making some decent scores in England.

What I really don't want is our pacers tiring after 80-90 overs and having England put huge totals like last time.
Oh don't get me wrong. I'm hardly saying he should be dropped. Just need to work out his role better.

smash84

The Tiger King
Great series this. Really should have been 5 matches. So much better than those one sides awful Ashes that we get every other year.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Yeah, Pandya needs to be given a fair amount of chances, he wasn't asked upon to bowl much and this is not the kind of series to judge a batsman too harshly. Is a gun fielder in any case.

OverratedSanity

Hopefully shastri and Kohli finally put an end to the Rohit experiment now. I think the hate for him has been slightly over the top but he's just an objectively inferior option to all the other middle order batsmen. If you absolutely feel for some reason that you need a 6th batsman, or if someone's injured then sure,go ahead. But if they drop one of Pujara or Rahane to accommodate him again , it'll be a disgrace. Enough's enough. The team has been hurt too much too often to try and fit him in somehow.

vcs

What attack do we go with in England? All the pacers did well in this series, even Ishant.

srbhkshk

International Captain
What attack do we go with in England? All the pacers did well in this series, even Ishant.
It's ****ing unbelievable that we can play four top quality pace bowlers and still have Umesh on the bench + an all rounder capable of bowling 135+.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Definitely Bhuvi, Shammi and Ishant. As impressive as Bumrah has been on this tour, the conditions in England will support swing more rather than SA/AUS where you see extra bounce. It's kind of insane that we haven't been discussed/used Umesh. How have India found all these reasonably good pacers? lol.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Rahane will probably play in England but will be dropped if he has a bad test first up and will essentially be playing for his spot every game unless he has a great patch of form.

The way Kohli treats the selection of Pujara and Rahane is an incredibly stupid and ineffective way to treat your established high quality test bats with 40-60 tests between them. It also ****s with their output as they're focusing on surviving and keeping their spot as opposed to playing optimally.

If Laxman played under Kohli, he'd probably play 75 tests instead of 130 and Yuvraj would have ate up the remaining tests.

Embarrassing captaincy.

OverratedSanity

Bhuvi and Shami are automatic picks no matter what the pitch. I'm fine with whatever the rest of the combination is.

But if we want to win in England, Bhuvi will have to be the trump card. England just suits his style perfectly and he was awesome 4 years ago when he wasn't as good as he is now.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Rahane will probably play in England but will be dropped if he has a bad test first up and will essentially be playing for his spot every game unless he has a great patch of form.

The way Kohli treats the selection of Pujara and Rahane is an incredibly stupid and ineffective way to treat your established high quality test bats with 40-60 tests between them. It also ****s with their output as they're focusing on surviving and keeping their spot as opposed to playing optimally.

If Laxman played under Kohli, he'd probably play 75 tests instead of 130 and Yuvraj would have ate up the remaining tests.

Embarrassing captaincy.
Overreaction, it's been ages since Kohli dropped Pujara. Rahane was NOT a clear cut case when India arrived in SA.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
It's really up to the selectors, they can take the decision out of his hand by simply not picking Rohit in the test squad. I remember Sandip Patel's selection pannel stopped selecting Sehwag/Gambhir in the squad altogether so they simply can't be picked.

OverratedSanity

It's really up to the selectors, they can take the decision out of his hand by simply not picking Rohit in the test squad. I remember Sandip Patel's selection pannel stopped selecting Sehwag/Gambhir in the squad altogether so they simply can't be picked.
Rohit's a good backup if someone gets injured. He's just not good enough to be first choice that's all.

vcs

Bhuvi and Shami are automatic picks no matter what the pitch. I'm fine with whatever the rest of the combination is.

But if we want to win in England, Bhuvi will have to be the trump card. England just suits his style perfectly and he was awesome 4 years ago when he wasn't as good as he is now.
Yeah, looking forward to big things from Bhuvi in England. Has the technique to consistently score lower order runs as well, if there's a batsman alongside him.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Rohit Sharma will make a 60 test career out of being Kohli's rebound ONS whenever he gets mad at Rahane/Pujara.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Tbf, Rahane looked patchy as all get out in the lead up. You couldn't simply drop Rohit after failing in the first Test, then they'd be accused of knee jerk reactions yet again. Dropping Bhuvneshwar criminal, yes, but if anything has been learned from this series loss, it is that Rohit is not mentally cut out to be a Test cricketer. Let he be put out to grass for good.