• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
This was a big opportunity for India but they missed it (the whole tour I mean). I guess we need to smash SA at home again and wait for our turn the next time around, hopefully Amla, AB, Faf, Morkel and possibly Philander are all past it/gone by then.

Spark

Global Moderator
Wrong team
Genuinely didn't have any "SA chokers lol" thing in mind when I have that, I just find it particular to 4th innings chases in general. Seen so many fall over after a really solid platform has been set, in less difficult conditions than these too.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Genuinely didn't have any "SA chokers lol" thing in mind when I have that, I just find it particular to 4th innings chases in general. Seen so many fall over after a really solid platform has been set, in less difficult conditions than these too.
Nah I mean its more of an Australian thing to fall into pieces from positions like these

Last edited:

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Also anyone who gets a 100 on this dog (and situation) deserves some kind of medal. And/or pat on the bum from Mikey Holding.

Bolo

State Captain
Just heard a great piece of commentary.

Commentator1: It's been a painful innings of 41 for Elgar
Commentator2: In more ways than 1

Now admittedly this has been a crabby, ugly, and arguably technically limited 4th innings chase from the left handed south African opener. Maybe the comment would not have been out of line... If Commentator2 had not been Graeme Smith ��

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just heard a great piece of commentary.

Commentator1: It's been a painful innings of 41 for Elgar
Commentator2: In more ways than 1

Now admittedly this has been a crabby, ugly, and arguably technically limited 4th innings chase from the left handed south African opener. Maybe the comment would not have been out of line... If Commentator2 had not been Graeme Smith ��
It was actually Kepler.... but the point still stands. :D

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How nice would this pitch have been for Ashwin or Maharaj... probably would have been able to get some decent bounce and spin from a full length.

Maharaj may have been of great help yesterday for SA and I`m pretty sure India would not mind having Ashwin for a few overs against Elgar.

hazsa19

International Regular
Can’t imagine another batting lineup in world cricket standing up like this. Still a way to go though