• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

Top Cat

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I feel like this series has comprehensively disproven than myth despite attempts at portraying the contrary. Defensive innings have had a big impact too.
Highest scores in this series in rank order with their strike rate:
Kohli 153 at 70% strike rate
Markram 94 at 62%
Pandya 93 at 98
Amla 82 at 54
AB 80 at 66
AB 65 at 77
Faf 63 at 44
Faf 62 at a SR of 60

I can keep going. All scored at a good strike rate. Besides an innings of Faf and another off Pujara (where he was also out but they didn't review) , IN GENERAL, keeping the strike going has been successful.

cnerd123

likes this
Highest scores in this series in rank order with their strike rate:
Kohli 153 at 70% strike rate
Markram 94 at 62%
Pandya 93 at 98
Amla 82 at 54
AB 80 at 66
AB 65 at 77
Faf 63 at 44
Faf 62 at a SR of 60

I can keep going. All scored at a good strike rate. Besides an innings of Faf and another off Pujara (where he was also out but they didn't review) , IN GENERAL, keeping the strike going has been successful.
All those guys barring ABDV and Kohli started really slow before picking up the pace

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Very good test. Slight advantage to India. 250+ lead could be match winning, but it depends on if and how the pitch changes.

vcs

Damn shame the series is not still alive. This series has been absolutely terrific... I mean India have messed up a lot of things like selection and batting, but our bowlers haven't let SA run away with it at any stage.

OverratedSanity

Damn shame the series is not still alive. This series has been absolutely terrific... I mean India have messed up a lot of things like selection and batting, but our bowlers haven't let SA run away with it at any stage.
Yeah been a fun and competitive series for the most part but some pretty pathetic collapses have ruined it.

Top Cat

Bhuvi nails Markram, Elgar and ABD and the headline is about Bumrah. Faf left a straight one, Amla clipped it to fine leg, a knee height full toss got him another wicket...and we'll forget all about Bhuvi.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I wish we never drop Bhuvneshwar again. I remember purported lack of pace being held against Praveen Kumar, too, notwithstanding the fact that he was by far India's most talented/wily bowler at the time. Bhuvi doesn't carry Praveen's temper, so he ought to stay on the right side of the rulebook. He should be an absolute matchwinner in England and NZ; going by the yards of pace he's put on, even Aus should treat him well.

SteveWaugh

Bhuvi nails Markram, Elgar and ABD and the headline is about Bumrah. Faf left a straight one, Amla clipped it to fine leg, a knee height full toss got him another wicket...and we'll forget all about Bhuvi.
Bumrah deserves credit, a lot of credit. Compare him to Umesh, Shami or Ishant. Every single ball of Bumrah was on the money and wicket-taking. Bumrah appears to be very scientifically inclined, the way he bowls short but in the corridor where the ball is sure to carry to the slips. He also ensures that every single ball of his is difficult to hit. It is quite simply, so difficult to take on an on-the-money bowler like Bumrah. He honestly appears to be a scientist.

Bhuvneshwar is very talented, but Bumrah appears to have mastered the art of scentific, systematic and intelligent bowling. His wicket-taking appears to be systematic and highly replicable. For example, refer to his statistics which show that Bumrah takes wickets at sub-25 averages in every single form of the game, and at all domestic and age levels too. Bumrah appears to be inevitable.

Burgey

Bumrah deserves credit, a lot of credit. Compare him to Umesh, Shami or Ishant. Every single ball of Bumrah was on the money and wicket-taking. Bumrah appears to be very scientifically inclined, the way he bowls short but in the corridor where the ball is sure to carry to the slips. He also ensures that every single ball of his is difficult to hit. It is quite simply, so difficult to take on an on-the-money bowler like Bumrah. He honestly appears to be a scientist.

Bhuvneshwar is very talented, but Bumrah appears to have mastered the art of scentific, systematic and intelligent bowling. His wicket-taking appears to be systematic and highly replicable. For example, refer to his statistics which show that Bumrah takes wickets at sub-25 averages in every single form of the game, and at all domestic and age levels too. Bumrah appears to be inevitable.
I’m really looking forward to watching him bowl next summer.

Really, really looking forward to it.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Hey Jasprit.

SteveWaugh

I’m really looking forward to watching him bowl next summer.

Really, really looking forward to it.
It's going to be good to watch the duo of Bumrah and Bhuvneshwar Kumar in England. Honestly, note his age - just 24. The fact that he is made a sure spot in the test team at such an age in a country as insular and backwards in cricketing culture as India shows his potential. Bumrah has the potential to be an all-time great. Any given match, any given team, any given pitch: I cannot see him failing to exert control and take wickets.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
It's going to be good to watch the duo of Bumrah and Bhuvneshwar Kumar in England. Honestly, note his age - just 24. The fact that he is made a sure spot in the test team at such an age in a country as insular and backwards in cricketing culture as India shows his potential. Bumrah has the potential to be an all-time great. Any given match, any given team, any given pitch: I cannot see him failing to exert control and take wickets.
Are you his relative or friend or coach?