• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Meh, 16 runs against the new ball. Will take it, especially if it means Rahul plays better.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
India will be elated with this start. Think South Africa would have wanted at least three before the close.

OverratedSanity

I think he meant to say attempting a quickfire 30 is better than attempting a 100 by gutsing it out...given the risk/reward in each case.
I feel like this series has comprehensively disproven than myth despite attempts at portraying the contrary. Defensive innings have had a big impact too.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not good bowling this evening; hopefully have it sorted for tomorrow morning. Well played by India batsmen. India a touch ahead at the moment.

Daemon

Kinda annoying that these two will have to get in again tomorrow morning. Stumps has been coming at good times for SA in the series.

cnerd123

likes this
I feel like this series has comprehensively disproven than myth despite attempts at portraying the contrary. Defensive innings have had a big impact too.
Literally the only #intent innings that have proven to be successful are a one-off freak knock from Pandya, and innings from Virat and ABDV who are just on a whole other level to anyone else.

For mere mortals the most successful approach has been just batting time. Pujara, Amla, Faf, Rabada...yet the #intent myth pervades.