• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand 2017/18

Slippaah

U19 12th Man
Pakistani Squad for the T20i Series v NZ.

Squad: Sarfraz Ahmed (capt &wk), Fakhar Zaman, Ahmed Shehzad, Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik, Haris Sohail, Mohammad Hafeez, Mohammad Nawaz, Shadab Khan, Faheem Ashraf, Aamer Yamin, Mohammad Amir, Hasan Ali, Rumman Raees, Umar Amin.

England T20i Squad for the later Tri Series v NZ and Oz.

Eoin Morgan (c), Sam Billings, Jos Buttler, Tom Curran, Liam Dawson, Alex Hales, Chris Jordan, Dawid Malan, Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, James Vince, David Willey, Mark Wood.

But no sign of the NZ T20 Squad v Pakistan?

Howsie

International Captain
ERs are indeed significant.

The ERs of our bowlers who bowled the last 15 overs, after NMac got a tidy 0/48, suffered.

I'd accept an extra 1 run per over during our spinner's spell to reduced the damage in the last 15 by 1 or 2 rpo.

My theory, anyway.
I would give this post 100 likes if I could.

oblongballs

U19 Debutant
Any changes expected? As always, for NZ, I think they should stick to their winning formula.

Pak need Zaman to be fit and back in the side and they also need a second spinner. Can this Harris fella spin? If so, swap him in for Malik, who is pointless if he AND Hafeez are not going to bowl.

oblongballs

U19 Debutant
Because Santner doesn't get much turn with the ball and he needs a genuine spinner to compliment him. If NZ are to be an ODI side that wins tournaments and wins away consistently, they need a true spinner to bank on. I'm not slating Santner, he should be in the side in most cases but having an Ajmal/Herath style guy who gets lots of turn would be great for them. It's the only thing their team is missing.

Niall

International Coach
Pakistani Squad for the T20i Series v NZ.

Squad: Sarfraz Ahmed (capt &wk), Fakhar Zaman, Ahmed Shehzad, Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik, Haris Sohail, Mohammad Hafeez, Mohammad Nawaz, Shadab Khan, Faheem Ashraf, Aamer Yamin, Mohammad Amir, Hasan Ali, Rumman Raees, Umar Amin.

England T20i Squad for the later Tri Series v NZ and Oz.

Eoin Morgan (c), Sam Billings, Jos Buttler, Tom Curran, Liam Dawson, Alex Hales, Chris Jordan, Dawid Malan, Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, James Vince, David Willey, Mark Wood.

But no sign of the NZ T20 Squad v Pakistan?

Ahmed Shehzad to slow for ODI cricket, but just right for t20. Only in Pakistan. :laugh:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Because Santner doesn't get much turn with the ball and he needs a genuine spinner to compliment him. If NZ are to be an ODI side that wins tournaments and wins away consistently, they need a true spinner to bank on. I'm not slating Santner, he should be in the side in most cases but having an Ajmal/Herath style guy who gets lots of turn would be great for them. It's the only thing their team is missing.
Cause Aus won in 2015 with Glenn Maxwell as the main spinner. Yeah that was at home, but still...
Pakistan won the Champions Trophy with Imad, who is really slow or slow medium, Shadab, who is not a big spinner of the ball, and Hafeez as their spinners.

Herath is not a big turner and hasn't played an ODI since 2015. In fact he's only got 71 wickets at 31. Hardly earth-shattering. Ajmal was a chucker.

I'm really not sure what point you're trying to prove.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Congrats on naming two spinners who barely turn the ball, of which one is a chucker and the other a guy with a meh record.

NZ probably do need Sodhi to not be **** for a better shot at the WC though. Santner's just a Jadeja at this point which is fine but obviously not ideal.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Thats awesome rocking up to a cricket game and getting $50000 inside the first over. What are the boundary dimensions?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Lol at Laura winding up the catch a million bloke by saying she gets some of the money

For non kiwis, she is guptills wife

Last edited: