• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka and Pakistan in UAE 2017

Niall

International Coach
Masood is not worthy of international cricket no matter how hard working or who is his father is, got to be better alternatives than this guy.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
On day 3, this pitch looks to have a few more cracks than Abu Dhabi tbh.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bsbar Azam's spot should probably come under question. He's been given a fairly extended run in Tests now and not delivered anything close to his ODI results.

You'd think he has one more innings to save his place.

Niall

International Coach
Bsbar Azam's spot should probably come under question. He's been given a fairly extended run in Tests now and not delivered anything close to his ODI results.

You'd think he has one more innings to save his place.
Its not as clear cut as Masood but its tricky to justify keeping the faith. His first class numbers are at best decent and despite a beast knock in NZ and some other good stuff, its not really been enough even when you consider as a young player he deserves time.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Its not as clear cut as Masood but its tricky to justify keeping the faith. His first class numbers are at best decent and despite a beast knock in NZ and some other good stuff, its not really been enough even when you consider as a young player he deserves time.
I instinctively felt Babar should be under more pressure than Masood because I'd find it much easier to name potential middle order replacements than potential opening replacements, but that instinct was silly because there's a world class opener batting #3 in this side. Masood should definitely be the first to go.

Niall

International Coach
And to continue the negativity, Shafiq has had a brutal 2017, not suggesting he should be dropped, but concerning that his form has really slipped since his 137 in Australia especially with the big two retired and question marks over so many of the other batsman.

smash84

The Tiger King
Pakistan getting crushed in the UAE by a side that got wiped off the floor in their home by India.

Misbah and younis being missed dearly and not just for their batting

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think most people have given up on that hope. I'm just happy they let Haris Sohail break into the side.
The selectors have always rated Haris though; he was always going to picked once he conquered those strange injuries he kept getting.

SeamUp

International Coach
Pakistan's problems have been opening batsman for as long as I can remember.

I rate Sami Aslam but it is just a pity he didn't have a senior partner to feed off and take pressure off him.

Bijed

International Regular
Shafiq's place might be under question if h doesn't get a big score too. He's had a really lean run since the tour down under last year. One great hundred and pretty much nothing else in his last 20 innings

Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo
Agreed. I think he'll be given a bit more of a chance because of Azam and Masood struggling too and he has far more credit than either of those two, but he really does need to turn things around.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure what it is exactly but Shafiq really feels like the spiritual successor to Ian Bell in the international game.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haris Sohail looks damn good so far. Wish he debuted a few years back

His FC and ODI record are both very solid

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I've been a fan since his knock against India in the 2015 WC. He's barely played any international cricket since then.
He's barely played any cricket at all since then. He was out for ages after a weird injury and various complications with the attempted remedies.

Niall

International Coach
He's barely played any cricket at all since then. He was out for ages after a weird injury and various complications with the attempted remedies.
I could be wrong, but pretty sure the PCB messed up here with his recovery also.