• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka and Pakistan in UAE 2017

YorksLanka

International Debutant
If it's true; I am hearing from back home that the reason he didn't attend the training was that he was injured and this is the cricket manager trying to flex his muscles..two sides to every story I suppose-having said that I have heard from someone I trust who is close friends with a current player that during the fitness sessions the senior players opted out and played on phones whilst watching the youngsters being put through their paces.. ridiculous

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
If it's true; I am hearing from back home that the reason he didn't attend the training was that he was injured and this is the cricket manager trying to flex his muscles..two sides to every story I suppose-having said that I have heard from someone I trust who is close friends with a current player that during the fitness sessions the senior players opted out and played on phones whilst watching the youngsters being put through their paces.. ridiculous
There was an article in the local papers where the manager (or someone) commended the training and indicated that the senior players were leading from the front and also disciplining the newer members of the team.

I'm pretty sure there is something up and you're probably on the money. This wouldn't be in the news at all if there wasn't some fire behind all this smoke.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One spinner for Pakistan again then. Lets hope they haven't misread this track.

vcs

I don't know how flat this track is, but Amir not picking up too many wickets must be a bit of a concern by now..

Daemon

He did well against the Windies and took a career best against Yorkshire..but yeah. dtstl.

vcs

I mean, I don't think he's bowled that badly either, from what I've seen. Had some catches dropped off his bowling since his return.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
SL going nicely here and I haven't seen much of Sadeera but am impressed so far..probably jinxed him now..also nice to see the positive intent from us so far today..

Last edited:

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Amir gets his first wicket of the series to see the end of Sadeera..He played well and I cant expect more from a 22 year old on debut..

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Much maligned but Karunaratne will end 2017 as one of its leading run scorers. Currently the 4th highest run scorer of the year with plenty more innings to come.
Not holding much hope for Kaushal Silva to have a turnaround mind. Innings today was a typical one, sees off the new ball and still ends up getting out for not many.

SeamUp

International Coach
We can joke but they do drop lots of catches off Amir.

In the first test, Shafiq dropped a sitter at slip. Amir just turned around back to his mark and didn't even moan.

smash84

The Tiger King
Chandimal was serious when he said they won't be playing for the draw. SL looking positive which I think is the right way to go. Will make things interesting and will probably get pak on the backfoot. Pulling it off well so far too although more risky shots in that innings than they would like.

smash84

The Tiger King
I mean, I don't think he's bowled that badly either, from what I've seen. Had some catches dropped off his bowling since his return.
We can joke but they do drop lots of catches off Amir.

In the first test, Shafiq dropped a sitter at slip. Amir just turned around back to his mark and didn't even moan.
true, had a fair few dropped in England as well.

SeamUp

International Coach
Yeah think SRL made the brave decision to go with 6 batsman , 5 bowlers even in these conditions from the first test. Nic Pothas was a positive sort.

Is the Kusal Perera in the test team over. Still think Dhananjaya can come in moving forward. He was an opener originally wasn't he ?

Look fwd to seeing Sadeera in the highlights.

Last edited: