• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** South Africa in England 2017

Bijed

International Regular
Maybe. Still one of our better death bowlers, which is useful in this format. Was particularly useful at the back end of the World t20 last year, possibly still coasting off that.

It's painful when they try to sneak in an over or two early on and you can predict exactly what will happen.
Yeah, he definitely offers some value to the team. I'm not really convinced what he does offer is enough, but I suppose we're not exactly blessed with a bunch of great T20 bowlers right now

Howe_zat

Audio File
Hadn't realised that, and am surprised to hear it.
We won 7 games in a row in 2015 and reached the final in 2016 so must have been doing something right. Not many T20Is since then either. I'd expect England to be around the top sides.

The T20 rankings are a bit of a pisstake though, because as we've seen here, the majority of T20Is aren't the best teams playing each other.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
At least they're leaving most of Jordan's overs for the end this time. It was daft last time having Wood/Willey/Jordan split the overs 2-2-2 in the opening 6. The first two are *clearly* better up front than at the death.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Plunkers expensive today but for some reason always, always takes wickets with short balls

Usually players who do this are credited with 'heart', I think I will have to start doing it

Howe_zat

Audio File
The match was at dead evens on 365 just before de Villiers was out, then it dropped to 1.44 on England.

Would back us on anything up to 175 which will still need a good partnership to get

SeamUp

International Coach
Behardien really needs to clear the ropes. Scratchy runs aren't needed here.

6* off 7 balls uuurgh

91Jmay

International Coach
The match was at dead evens on 365 just before de Villiers was out, then it dropped to 1.44 on England.

Would back us on anything up to 175 which will still need a good partnership to get
Up to 175? 190 is easily chaseable. You do remember where this is being played right?

Obviously we might not chase 175 but that is barely par in any T20.

SeamUp

International Coach
Up to 175? 190 is easily chaseable. You do remember where this is being played right?

Obviously we might not chase 175 but that is barely par in any T20.
Agree 190/200 minimum.

This is a belter on a small ground.

Howe_zat

Audio File
That is so frustrating, 4 great balls to stop the boundaries and then a floaty wide half-volley

...and dropped. We were better on Wednesday, safe to say.