• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** South Africa in England 2017

91Jmay

International Coach
I've always really liked Jamie Porter. Not sure he is international standard but he is always excellent for Essex on generally flat pitches

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I reckon England would have picked Hameed almost no matter what for this first test given his performances in the winter and as he is someone they have pinpointed as someone with a big future. Well he's been that bad that he may well not be selected.

Hameed is someone they presumably think they can build their batting around for the next 15 years. He showed that he has the mental game last winter, and technically he was decent. The selectors will want to show faith in him. But does it do him any favours if they pick him when he's badly out of knick and struggling for confidence?

If he scores some runs next week I reckon they pick him. If not, it would be hard for them to pick him.

Be interesting to see what the consensus is from the former captains, Atherton, Hussain, and Vaughan. I don't think they've wrote their pieces yet on the issue.

Howe_zat

Audio File
1 Jason Roy, 2 Sam Billings, 3 Jonny Bairstow, 4 Eoin Morgan (capt), 5 Liam Livingstone, 6 Jos Buttler (wk), 7 Liam Dawson, 8 Chris Jordan, 9 David Willey 10 Liam Plunkett, 11 Tom Curran

Batting down to 11 is back in fashion then. Billings to make customary once a series appearance.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Big improvement to the SA team dropping Tahir to play Paterson...... what is the point of this series really!

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I know it's been said to death but there really isn't any point to bowling Jordan at any time other than the death. Can pretty much guarantee a few wides and a load of runs.

Bijed

International Regular
I don't mean to be harsh, but I reckon Jordan can consider himself fairly lucky to be playing for England these days

SeamUp

International Coach
Nice to see Curran getting his debut.

I said on here when he had left SA he will play for England.

A wicket in his first over to.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't mean to be harsh, but I reckon Jordan can consider himself fairly lucky to be playing for England these days
Maybe. Still one of our better death bowlers, which is useful in this format. Was particularly useful at the back end of the World t20 last year, possibly still coasting off that.

It's painful when they try to sneak in an over or two early on and you can predict exactly what will happen.

SeamUp

International Coach
JJ needs to make the most of this start.

But on this belter we should have had more runs.

Reeza out on the pull first game, nearly out on it first ball from Curran, out on it 2nd ball from Curran.

Mosehle hopping around all out sea but expect shots like that 6 in between.

Bijed

International Regular
Jez on Cricinfo

"Not seen it written anywhere, but if England win today they go top of the T20 rankings!"
Hadn't realised that, and am surprised to hear it.