• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best team in world cricket right now

the best

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
TJB is wrong on only one count* - Thinking people who think India are the best side are wrong or blinded by nationalism.

Pretty much square between India, SA, Australia, and England for me. SA are potentially better than everyone else, but Amla's form, ABdV's postponed comeback, Steyn's uncertain comeback, and Abbott's retirement threw a big wrench in that.

*in the last few pages, that is.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They are beatable ffs but not by the likes of NZ.
Lol, Righto, Might leave it there this evening & leave you to argue against yourself. This is getting a bit like the twilight zone.

Okay, let me. They have lost four tests at home this decade. Pretty ****ing unbeatable, don't you think? And yes, the others would have a chance if they prepare well but lets be realistic. Nz last won a test match here in 1988 and has only won 2 tests here ever, with the other win coming in 1969.

TheJediBrah

Pretty sure I've seen you complain in multiple threads about how Australia would never stoop to doctor home tracks to their advantage, unlike India. You've cited SA and India's recent trips as evidence. Can't be arsed digging up posts in tour threads.

Not all of us have the memory of a goldfish.
You don't have dig it up, I've said that multiple times and it's a clear fact. Not sure why you'd bring it up here though as I know from experience that it's one topic that posters irrationally take offense to and find it very hard to behave sensibly when discussing.

Which is why I didn't bring it up here

Shri

Mr. Glass
Lol, Righto, Might leave it there this evening & leave you to argue against yourself. This is getting a bit like the twilight zone.
I meant they have been unbeatable in a series at home. Not that they will stay unbeatable by actual test sides(read not NZ) in the future.

TheJediBrah

TJB is wrong on only one count* - Thinking people who think India are the best side are wrong or blinded by nationalism.

Pretty much square between India, SA, Australia, and England for me. SA are potentially better than everyone else, but Amla's form, ABdV's postponed comeback, Steyn's uncertain comeback, and Abbott's retirement threw a big wrench in that.

*in the last few pages, that is.
No I didn't say that. I said the repetitive, irrational denying of clear facts that was taking place in this thread was the result of people being blinded by nationalism. Specifically the facts that I were putting forward as to why I am hesitant to consider them a clear no. 1 side and that some posters were nonsensically denying.

I never meant to imply that you have to be "blinded by nationalism" to think India are the no.1 side

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
No I didn't say that. I said the repetitive, irrational denying of clear facts that was taking place in this thread was the result of people being blinded by nationalism. Specifically the facts that I were putting forward as to why I am hesitant to consider them a clear no. 1 side and that some posters were nonsensically denying.

I never meant to imply that you have to be "blinded by nationalism" to think India are the no.1 side
"Facts"

Try 'opinions'.

harsh.ag

Your problem is you think you can decide what is rational and irrational.

Zinzan

I meant they have been unbeatable in a series at home. Not that they will stay unbeatable by actual test sides(read not NZ) in the future.
If you'd understood that we were talking about how they looked exclusively in this latest series to start with you wouldn't have tied yourself into knots.

Regarding NZ. Who knows what the future holds, NZ might win in India in the future, and India might win in NZ again. Who would have thought NZ would ever win a series in Australia, WI, Pakistan or England if you asked them in the late 60s? ****, even Bangers might win in NZ one day. Stranger things have happened.

Shri

Mr. Glass
If you'd understood that we were talking about how they looked exclusively in this latest series to start with you wouldn't have tied yourself into knots.

Regarding NZ. Who knows what the future holds, NZ might win in India in the future, and India might win in NZ again. Who would have thought NZ would ever win a series in Australia, WI, Pakistan or England if you asked them in the late 60s? ****, even Bangers might win in NZ one day. Stranger things have happened.
Yeah. Listen, I don't think either one of us is going to get drawn into insulting each other so yeah, I will concede this argument to you on good terms.:p

TheJediBrah

"Facts"

Try 'opinions'.
Name ONE

(pro tip: you can't)

Your really need to stop constantly posting ****

Your problem is you think you can decide what is rational and irrational.
No, the dictionary defines it. Literally all you have to do is go back and read the thread. Posters were jumping down my throat repeatedly trying to deny things I said that are clearly undeniable facts.

That is the definition of irrational.

Zinzan

Yeah. Listen, I don't think either one of us is going to get drawn into insulting each other so yeah, I will concede this argument to you on good terms.:p
I wasn't even close to insulting you, just sticking to the discussion point, but I'm guessing you're conceding since I'm right ;)

Shri

Mr. Glass
I wasn't even close to insulting you, just sticking to the discussion point, but I'm guessing you're conceding since I'm right ;)
Yeah, I guess I brought my irritation at something else into those points I made when talking to you. Apologies, you might well have been right actually. Cbf going back to it again.

vcs

What facts? You said that India would struggle to compete in alien conditions. Let us assume that you meant pace-friendly conditions.

When it was pointed out that they won convincingly in pace-friendly conditions and lost in extremely spin-friendly conditions, you said that doesn't matter because they are all Indian conditions.

Ok, fine. Let's accept that. Then you refused to credit them for being competitive in Australian conditions, because they were roads and therefore apparently don't count as alien conditions.

Just plain double-standards everywhere. I'm done with this discussion.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Name ONE

(pro tip: you can't)

Your really need to stop constantly posting ****

No, the dictionary defines it. Literally all you have to do is go back and read the thread. Posters were jumping down my throat repeatedly trying to deny things I said that are clearly undeniable facts.

Pot, kettle etc

harsh.ag

Dude I've read the best books on the subject and if you think it is that easy to define rationality, then you need to stop using that word.

TheJediBrah

What facts? You said that India would struggle to compete in alien conditions. Let us assume that you meant pace-friendly conditions.

When it was pointed out that they won convincingly in pace-friendly conditions and lost in extremely spin-friendly conditions, you said that doesn't matter because they are all Indian conditions.

Ok, fine. Let's accept that. Then you refused to credit them for being competitive in Australian conditions, because they were roads and therefore apparently don't count as alien conditions.

Just plain double-standards everywhere.
omfg you're repeating the exact same wrong statements that I've debunked several times already

No, India were not competitive Australia. No, the 4th Test were not foreign conditions just because they had a bit more pace and bounce than the other pitches in the series.

There, harsh.ag, ^^ that is the "irrational" I'm talking about
Pot, kettle etc
Didn't think so. Just keep trolling.