• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best team in world cricket right now

the best

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What facts? You said that India would struggle to compete in alien conditions. Let us assume that you meant pace-friendly conditions.

When it was pointed out that they won convincingly in pace-friendly conditions and lost in extremely spin-friendly conditions, you said that doesn't matter because they are all Indian conditions.
They were pace friendly but they were also spin friendly. But still, they deserve a lot of credit for that win and I believe it does show how they can be competitive overseas.

Ok, fine. Let's accept that. Then you refused to credit them for being competitive in Australian conditions, because they were roads and therefore apparently don't count as alien conditions.
They really weren't though..

Shri

Mr. Glass
omfg you're repeating the exact same wrong statements that I've debunked several times already

No, India were not competitive Australia. No, the 4th Test were not foreign conditions just because they had a bit more pace and bounce than the other pitches in the series.

There, harsh.ag, ^^ that is the "irrational" I'm talking about

Didn't think so. Just keep trolling.
"In your opinion."

TheJediBrah

Dude I've read the best books on the subject and if you think it is that easy to define rationality, then you need to stop using that word.
What else could explain this kind of posting? If not irrationality is it just that these posters are simply stupid? I'm welcome to any other suggestions

OverratedSanity

Yeah, India were competitive in NZ and SA and for half the England tour. Not in Australia. Couldn't bowl them out at all and half the time just felt like they were waiting for the declaration.

vcs

They were pace friendly but they were also spin friendly. But still, they deserve a lot of credit for that win and I believe it does show how they can be competitive overseas.

They really weren't though..
They were one sensible session of batting away from walking away with a drawn series

TheJediBrah

They were one sensible session of batting away from walking away with a drawn series
in Australia? Do you even know what series we're talking about

edit: I see what you mean. Suffice it to say that had they won a single Test in a 4 test series, where the opposition declares twice is not "competitive" in most people's books

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
What else could explain this kind of posting? If not irrationality is it just that these posters are simply stupid? I'm welcome to any other suggestions
Yeah that's possible..........I mean no one else here has claimed they're the most intelligent person on any team they've ever played in. Dunno why we even think we can debate with you tbh.......you always win by default.

TheJediBrah

Yeah that's possible..........I mean no one else here has claimed they're the most intelligent person on any team they've ever played in. Dunno why we even think we can debate with you tbh.......you always win by default.
You continue to contribute nothing . I've asked like 5 times for you or Shri to find ONE thing I've said that was wrong or even debatable and got nothing.

Why is it so hard for you to just admit that you have nothing and are just attacking me because you are obsessed with my posting for some reason

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've asked like 5 times for you or Shri to find ONE thing I've said that was wrong or even debatable and got nothing.
That's perhaps because you reject those things as irrational given the facts as they exist in your head.

Let's say someone says "India were one session of good batting away from drawing the series in Australia". In a way that's true. Despite clearly lagging behind the whole series, they could have won the first test with one good session of batting on the final day. The series could have then ended up 1-1 or maybe something else entirely, maybe 2-1 to the Aussies, maybe 1-0 or 2-0 to India, maybe 1-1.

TheJediBrah

That's perhaps because you reject those things as irrational given the facts as they exist in your head.

Let's say someone says "India were one session of good batting away from drawing the series in Australia". In a way that's true. Despite clearly lagging behind the whole series, they could have won the first test with one good session of batting on the final day. The series could have then ended up 1-1 or maybe something else entirely, maybe 2-1 to the Aussies, maybe 1-0 or 2-0 to India, maybe 1-1.
No. I don't dispute that from a certain point of view "India were one session of good batting away from drawing the series in Australia", I dispute that that means they were competitive.

I'm not going to argue about something if I'm not right. That would be stupid.

Its because picking just one is hard. The points were all ****.
Just admit it. You're attacking me just because it's me. Why is that so hard?

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No. I don't dispute that from a certain point of view "India were one session of good batting away from drawing the series in Australia", I dispute that that means they were competitive.
in Australia? Do you even know what series we're talking about

edit: I see what you mean. Suffice it to say that had they won a single Test in a 4 test series, where the opposition declares twice is not "competitive" in most people's books
Here is the thing about being rational. You have no idea how the series would have turned out had India won that first test. Not a clue. Neither do I. Neither does anyone else. They might have won it 2-0 in fact.

TheJediBrah

Here is the thing about being rational. You have no idea how the series would have turned out had India won that first test. Not a clue. Neither do I. Neither does anyone else. They might have won it 2-0 in fact.
Ok but how is that relevant at all to what we are discussing?

They were not competitive in that series. Saying "what if" and that they might be competitive if such and such happened is beyond irrelevant

Shri

Mr. Glass
You're contributing nothing of value and constantly trolling, and not in a funny way.

It's been cringeworthy
I've done no such thing. My contribution here has been my attempt at pointing out the difference between fact and opinion to you but it has probably not been very effective.

TheJediBrah

I've done no such thing. My contribution here has been my attempt at pointing out the difference between fact and opinion to you but it has probably not been very effective.
yet you have been unable to name a single thing I've said that you disagree with

name one thing I've portrayed as a fact which should be portrayed as an opinion. If you can't do that then you are clearly just trolling and personally attacking me

srbhkshk

International Captain
India in NZ were better than NZ in India.
India in Eng were better than Eng in India.
India in SA were better than SA in India.
India in SL were better than SL in India.
India in WI were better than WI in India.
India in Bang were better than Bang in India.
India's last two series against Pak were either Drawn or won by India.

The only team which was better in India compared to India at their shores is Australia, and they just lost 3-0 to SL and 2-1 to SA ( and India as well.)

India is easily the #1 even if one considers away tours.