• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
ICC has announced that there will be no action on either Kohli or Smith on the DRS incident. This should put this discussion to dust. Eagerly looking forward to the next test.

the big bambino

International Captain
All is one. Duality is an illusion. So everything is inter-connected.

If thousands of people are saying/feeling the same thing, they are indirectly influencing the outcome. Its all a combination of skill + effort + luck/destiny/collective consciousness.

The collective consciousness has a huge say on any matter. Because all thoughts and their resulting actions originate from it.

You cannot perform an action without a thought behind it that motivates that action.

And we have little control over the thoughts that initially arise in our mind, although a sharpened intellect can then help discern what thoughts are useful and what are not.

But particularly in a game like cricket where you have very little reaction time, you have no time to make calculated thoughful decisions. Its quick and instinctive based on your previous training. And if luck is not on your side, an impulsive or a clouded thought could ensue a rash stroke or even a misjudgment leading to your dismissal. There could also be an umpiring blunder... so many external factors affecting "your" personal success..

We cannot really control thoughts, rather the thoughts control us!
Ok.

Nah bull****.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ICC has announced that there will be no action on either Kohli or Smith on the DRS incident. This should put this discussion to dust. Eagerly looking forward to the next test.
Pleased to hear that actually. Moving on....

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmmm...the quickness with which both the umpires and Kohli reacted to this kinda makes me think they were on the look out for it, which supports the idea that this isn't the first time this has happened.
What bothers me about this is Smith's statement. He said Handcombe said something like "i dont know..check upstairs"
Now why would Handscombe say that unless this was discussed earlier?

I mean this is pretty standard right? Your partner has been given out..he comes over to you and you either say "mate you're gone" or "go for DRS"

Check upstairs? did he mean like upstairs as in the Third Umpire upstairs? and Smith took that to mean his own team mates upstairs?

Looks like the Australian team has really poor internal communication then rather than a case of brain fade.

Smith tells Smash to go for DRS and he interprets that to go back to the pavilion

Handcombe says Go Upstairs and Smith interprets that to check with his team mates in the pavilion.

Hennybogan

U19 12th Man
Bahrain I've met a ton of Indians and never met one who could fight a lick. They don't say niiice Gary for nothing you know, well obviously you don't.

Hennybogan

U19 12th Man
Not surprised the ICC swept this under the rug, pretty easy to fine Smith and Handscomb, but what to do about Kohli's allegations that can be disproven in 5 mins. Reeks of the BCCI pulling the puppet strings.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am seeing NDTV and others report that BCCI is appealing this decision by the ICC. But crapinfo is not confirming that. Any idea on if it is legit?

Spark

Global Moderator
Do you consider checking with the pavilion for a DRS call an offence?
I honestly don't see why this sort of thing shouldn't just be handled by the on-field umpires. The whole thing just strikes me as staggeringly tedious.

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I honestly don't see why this sort of thing shouldn't just be handled by the on-field umpires. The whole thing just strikes me as staggeringly tedious.
Yeah it totally feels like it's their responsibility.

Spark

Global Moderator
Like let's suppose Kohli is right, which I still see no justification for, and that Aus were consistently looking up at the dressing room for guidance.

The worst thing that comes out of that is... slightly more accurate reviews. This is what we're getting all agitated over? Really?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
FWIW, I think it would have been perfectly fine for Kohli to take some digs at Smith for doing that but not push the whole "they kept doing it" story. I am assuming some of the reasonable Aussie posters here won't have held on to it this much either.

But then again, if Kohli actually believes they did that....

Spark

Global Moderator
FWIW, I think it would have been perfectly fine for Kohli to take some digs at Smith for doing that but not push the whole "they kept doing it" story. I am assuming some of the reasonable Aussie posters here won't have held on to it this much either.

But then again, if Kohli actually believes they did that....
Yeah, exactly. He's more than entitled to take a hit at Smith for what he did on the last day, but if you accuse your opposition of systematic cheating you have to, y'know, provide some evidence beyond "I saw it twice in the three minutes that I was actually at the crease"