• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i didnt look at the scorecard went by a comment in this thread.

marsh is **** have you seen him bat before in 90% of his tests?
You're in the wrong forum, pretty sure half the Australian posters here were like MMarsh is a future top 4 batsman not too long ago.

Compton

International Debutant
The series to end 0-0 thanks to double-hundred partnerships from Super Marshio Bros in each Test.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah it's a no-brainer.

People can point to his form and his batting average all they like, but you only need to watch a couple of deliveries to know that Khawaja vs Spin only has one winner.
If this is the case you'd have to wonder how or why Khawaja made this tour. He would have been useful in the current T20Is and I think he would have been good in the NZ ODI series too.

If Khawaja has no hope, we really don't need him as a backup. It is hard to work out who should have been picked instead but I think it would have come down to Head or Bailey.

Daemon

Lyon's bowling flatter isn't he? Looks like the Indians got away with cutting SOK quite a bit.

anil1405

International Captain
Is there a video of Sachin's knock for Mumbai vs Australia prior to the start of the '98 series?

OverratedSanity

Is there a video of Sachin's knock for Mumbai vs Australia prior to the start of the '98 series?
That one where he owned Warne? I know that doesn't exactly narrow it down :p

Pretty sure I've seen footage of it on Youtube years ago but it's no longer up.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
SOK has been significantly overrated by the Australian media & fans, while Lyon, the only Aus spinner who gives it a rip and is a probable wicket-taker although can leak runs too, has been criminally underrated!

Lyon > SOK imo

I can see Lyon looking threatening at times and picking up enough wickets here and there. But I don't see SOK looking as threatening. He's a defensive option who will mostly look to contain runs, yet still not totally succeed at it.

There would have to be genuine assistance in the center of the pitch for SOK to really trouble the batsmen, but that's going to be unlikely with flatter pitches.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lyon's bowling flatter isn't he? Looks like the Indians got away with cutting SOK quite a bit.
Not sure he's bowling much flatter than he did all summer here. Still needs to come closer to the stumps over the wicket (which he did a bit against Pakistan)

Also Wade at 4:05

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If this is the case you'd have to wonder how or why Khawaja made this tour. He would have been useful in the current T20Is and I think he would have been good in the NZ ODI series too.

If Khawaja has no hope, we really don't need him as a backup. It is hard to work out who should have been picked instead but I think it would have come down to Head or Bailey.
I was just thinking the same thing

Surely he'd be better off playing in the shield if he is simply going to be hanging around a dressing room for the next couple of months

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Not sure he's bowling much flatter than he did all summer here. Still needs to come closer to the stumps over the wicket (which he did a bit against Pakistan)

Also Wade at 4:05
And Wade at 7:38 of Sok. Bring back the chair I say.