• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia vs New Zealand ODIs 2016/17

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hilarious that people suggest Maxwell can't bat.

He has the brain of a pea but is massively talented

Binkley

U19 Captain
The NZHerald live feed just said "Ooohhh and Ferguson finishes the over with a searing 149.8km/hr delivery, giving Maxwell a bit of a hurry up." Which has my braining chanting "wake up Lochie!". I have been watching too little cricket, and too much Wiggles with my toddler.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
The NZHerald live feed just said "Ooohhh and Ferguson finishes the over with a searing 149.8km/hr delivery, giving Maxwell a bit of a hurry up." Which has my braining chanting "wake up Lochie!". I have been watching too little cricket, and too much Wiggles with my toddler.
****ing purple Lachie is such a spud. My daughters have picked up on this attitude to him too.

The Wiggles' song about the NZ bowling attack "Dorothy, WAGs and Henry too" isn't bad though.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Hmmm...Latham looks fairly tidy. Can't ever see him keeping in tests though, he's just too valuable up the top.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I figured Australia was always in with more than a good chance as long as Maxwell stayed in until the end or there abouts.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hmmm...Latham looks fairly tidy. Can't ever see him keeping in tests though, he's just too valuable up the top.
Yeah, if Latham wanted to be a Test wicket keeper I think he'd succeed at it. Good openers are in much shorter supply though, particularly in New Zealand.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Early days, but Latham looks genuinely good behind the stumps.
Has looked more assured than Watling & Ronchi in admittedly a short sample. Unless they believe Ronchi is one of the best 5 or 6 bats in the lineup, there's no logical reason to go back to him this series.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, if Latham wanted to be a Test wicket keeper I think he'd succeed at it. Good openers are in much shorter supply though, particularly in New Zealand.
Pretty much. Excellent eye, very athletic.

But we don't want his career to be McCullum's.

Regan

Cricket Spectator
Absolutely loving this. Thought our total was about 20 runs short at least but the bowlers have proven that wrong!

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Has looked more assured than Watling & Ronchi in admittedly a short sample. Unless they believe Ronchi is one of the best 5 or 6 bats in the lineup, there's no logical reason to go back to him this series.
Or ever realistically. Though it remains to be seen whether carrying the gloves has an impact on Latham's output as an opener.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I'm surprised you guys are commenting on it now tbh - he's kept in plenty of internationals before and taken some blinders too.