• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/2017

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Last two ODIs have been nothing short of a disgrace from Banglas
I am not exactly sure why this should be a surprise. This is Bangladesh. Not frikkin' Australia. Oz losing 5 - 0 in South Africa is a disgrace. Bangladesh losing to NZ in NZ is par for the course.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks like simply engaging in conversation with Fred Tetanus gets you a like.

Hi, you have anus in your username which is funny lol

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Only been following this series at a distance while on holiday but seems an uninspiring and even un-Energetic performance from Bangladesh, despite all expecting an easy 3-0 victory for Bangladesh in ODIs. I am surprised New Zealand even scored above 250 on these small grounds, especially considering Mashrafe with his cricketing IQ and Rubel for being the fastest bowler in the side. New Zealand must have been very been very lucky to beat the Bangladesh ODI team which is the most experienced of all teams as of today: they have more than a 1000 ODI games between them under their belt, or so I'm told.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Well done to Neil Broom too for scoring runs against 50 overs of this world class bowling attack. Had him pegged as probably third best of his similar-aged and similarly-not-quite-good-enough-for-international-cricket peers with Brownlie, Flynn and Nicol. Didn't see his innings this series but he's undoubtedly improved his game. Might even have to rank him ahead of Daniel Flynn now :happy:.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Didn't watch much.

First time I've seen Fiz, and even what I saw was restricted by sky crap highlights shows.

But. To be able to bowl a slower ball (away cutter to right handers, that Broom edged twice yesterday) that gets extra bounce and carries comfortably to the cordon - is really quite a delivery.

Bowling coaches worldwide should be looking at the mechanics of that.

I don't think I've seen anyone else get so much carry. Southee can (or used to) bowl brilliant cutters to LHers but it wasn't a slower ball.

Blocky

Banned
Williamson must open in the T20s and I think make that position his own in both shorter formats in my view, that way you've got Guptill and Williamson at the top of the order, you can alternate hitting power or strike rotation at three (which makes BJ a more tangible option too) depending on match situation.

vandem

International 12th Man
Well done to Neil Broom too for scoring runs against 50 overs of this world class bowling attack. Had him pegged as probably third best of his similar-aged and similarly-not-quite-good-enough-for-international-cricket peers with Brownlie, Flynn and Nicol. Didn't see his innings this series but he's undoubtedly improved his game. Might even have to rank him ahead of Daniel Flynn now :happy:.
Did you forget about Hamish Marshall in your list?

Flem274*

123/5
i don't think latham should keep in odis. his only goal in life should be to be the best batsman he can be. maybe skipper in time since he's captained canterbury and NZ A

Zinzan

Williamson must open in the T20s and I think make that position his own in both shorter formats in my view, that way you've got Guptill and Williamson at the top of the order, you can alternate hitting power or strike rotation at three (which makes BJ a more tangible option too) depending on match situation.
T20s KW has been opening anyway, but why in ODIs with Latham gradually improving all the time & breaking the right/left combo he has with Guptill.

Just unfortunately they seem to always fire separately..I don't think they're far away from some really good opening stands against quality opposition.

Zinzan

i don't think latham should keep in odis. his only goal in life should be to be the best batsman he can be. maybe skipper in time since he's captained canterbury and NZ A
Funny that's the same thing I thought about KW in taking the captaincy when Bmac called it quits last year.

Zinzan

Didn't watch much.

First time I've seen Fiz, and even what I saw was restricted by sky crap highlights shows.

But. To be able to bowl a slower ball (away cutter to right handers, that Broom edged twice yesterday) that gets extra bounce and carries comfortably to the cordon - is really quite a delivery.

I don't think I've seen anyone else get so much carry. Southee can (or used to) bowl brilliant cutters to LHers but it wasn't a slower ball.
Fiz looked impressive vs. Broom, but he really needs to be able to get his quicker ball back around the early 140s like he did in the IPL & not at 128-130, otherwise good batsmen can just sit back anticipating his slower ball, without being troubled by the quicker one.

The same applies to James Faulkner, he seems to have lost a bit of pace with his quicker ball in the last 18 months when I've seen him, & hence isn't quite as effective.

Blocky

Banned
T20s KW has been opening anyway, but why in ODIs with Latham gradually improving all the time & breaking the right/left combo he has with Guptill.

Just unfortunately they seem to always fire separately..I don't think they're far away from some really good opening stands against quality opposition.
I don't mind Latham being there, I just think our best all weather line up has Kane Williamson opening in ODI with Guptill, Latham could perform the "come in with an early wicket" role, or rotate with a hitter like Munro at 3 when it suits.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer

From what I've seen via the Slo-Mo footage of bowlers grips, is that Mustafiz's cutter is pure wrist action. I think what makes it even more effective, is that the normal seam or swing deliveries he bowls use pure wrist action as well. Also for his cutter he seems to release it with a little top-spin from the look of it. I do agree that he needs his stock fast delivery to be very fast again, to keep the batsmen from picking his slower ball. It's definitely a delivery that can be emulated, but would be hard for bowlers without a really flexible wrist. Similar to how there's hardly any other Murali-like bowlers.