• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best team in world cricket right now

the best

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
HB, it's incumbent upon an influential part of the cricketing world to come up with something significant to the sport which isn't a blight on it.

England - invented it, invented LO cricket (both forms)

Australia - put big money into cricket with WSC, invented night cricket, the white ball, fielding restrictions, night test matches, coloured clothes, international ODIs, the aluminium bat, proper tv coverage of the sport.

India - illegal bookmaking

Pakistan - match fixing

Sri Lanka - more influence than India and Pakistan by being the catalyst for the 15 degree rule. Got us to see Murali bowl. Apart from that, zilch.

Bangladesh - nowt.

West Indies - Frank Worrall, fast bowling rightfully dominating the game.

SA, NZ, Zimbabwe - no one is saying they're positively influential here. And with good reason.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
IMO you're knuckle-headed, abusive, boring, obsessive posting whenever you see me is getting tiresome

not really, it's gold, don't stop
Lol.. hedging bets so that he gets to say the crap he wants and the last line to escape bans and infractions.. GOLD indeed!!!

TheJediBrah

And no one has said anything to me except you which shows the validity of your points but again, just ignore that fact like everything else as it does not suit your false argument.
meh here's a couple:

If Australia wanted to press a home field advantage against India, we'd make them play at the Gabba, WACA and Hobart in that order. Instead we dish up our flattest decks in Adelaide, Sydney and Melbourne.

If you can't see how that benefits India you've frankly got rocks in your head. Similarly, giving Perth and Hobart to South Africa helps their game because it turns Philander into a beast.

The fact is that India finds Australia as hard as Australia finds India.
Except Brisbane, the pitches were indeed low and slow for Australian conditions. No use pretending otherwise.

Yay.. more "not your first language" insults when proven wrong. Hope this does help you sleep better at night, bro. REALLLLY hope it does.
I would love it if you "proved me wrong" on something. Seriously. It would mean that I've learned something.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
HB, it's incumbent upon an influential part of the cricketing world to come up with something significant to the sport which isn't a blight on it.

England - invented it, invented LO cricket (both forms)

Australia - put big money into cricket with WSC, invented night cricket, the white ball, fielding restrictions, night test matches, coloured clothes, international ODIs, the aluminium bat, proper to coverage of the sport.

India - illegal bookmaking

Pakistan - match fixing

Sri Lanka - more influence than India and Pakistan by being the catalyst for the 15 degree rule. Got us to see Murali bowl. Apart from that, zilch.

Bangladesh - nowt.

West Indies - Frank Worrall, fast bowling rightfully dominating the game.

SA, NZ, Zimbabwe - no one is saying they're positively influential here. And with good reason.

See, even you agree we came up with the most important part of the sport. MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

indiaholic

International Captain
That is just how a lot of internet posting is these days tbh.. Say what you feel but leave enough room to wiggle out of it. People are just outright scared of earnestness or honesty

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
meh here's a couple:

I would love it if you "proved me wrong" on something. Seriously. It would mean that I've learned something.
Indeed it would. And I already responded to them. Pretty sure OS was not making the point you and Stephen were origiinally making and which is what I responded to. Again, no answer to the actual valid points raised... Interesting.

TheJediBrah

Indeed it would. And I already responded to them. Pretty sure OS was not making the point you and Stephen were origiinally making and which is what I responded to. Again, no answer to the actual valid points raised... Interesting.
I actually think you're serious, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but can you just pick 1 point you think I'm wrong on and tell me why?

Just start with 1 and see how we go

Burgey

tbh Cricket outside Australia and Asia doesn't really matter, does it? It's always raining in NZ and Eng, and we only play cricket in SA for the chicks.
I partially agree. Cricket outside Australia and Lord's doesn't matter.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I actually think you're serious, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but can you just pick 1 point you think I'm wrong on and tell me why?

Just start with 1 and see how we go

Start with re-reading the thread and see how that goes. I am done with this. I have made my points and I guess you have made yours. Lets just let folks read and decide. Neither of us are gonna budge from our positions and there is no point in insulting each other again and again. Good Day. :)

TheJediBrah

Start with re-reading the thread and see how that goes. I am done with this. I have made my points and I guess you have made yours. Lets just let folks read and decide. Neither of us are gonna budge from our positions and there is no point in insulting each other again and again. Good Day. :)
Fair enough, but I'm genuinely interested in what you think I said was wrong, because I'm honestly not sure how much of it (if any) is down to you just making false statements and how much is down to you just completely misunderstanding the discussion in the first place. Which is not a crack at you at all, just something that can happen to anyone, but just looks bad because you argued so aggressively after initially misunderstanding the discussion.

It's a pretty stupid thing to be arguing about anyway

Burgey

We can all agree that Australia is geographically the most significant region in cricket though, can't we? Guys? Fellas?