• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

hazsa19

International Regular
Ugh so depressing watching us bowl in the sub.c. Let's get back to England and bury our head in the sand with some green tops asap.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is the kind of pitch we used to regularly put out during the 2010 side's rise to No. 1. A bit boring unless you have Sehwag in your side.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This is the kind of pitch we used to regularly put out during the 2010 side's rise to No. 1. A bit boring unless you have Sehwag in your side.
Haha yeah sehwag would bat at a strike rate of 90 and he'd then go out and every other batsman would struggle. Wag he was.

England paying 9.2 is a bit ridiculous

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
No team should be playing more than 3 tests against India in India. Problem is no matter how weak Australia and England are in these conditions, the test series between the big 3 will always be 4/5 tests due to the money. I'm actually looking forward to that lone Bangladesh v India test than this one-sided test series. Apart from the Ashes, no other test series should consist of more than 3 tests. Even a 1 match test series is a good idea.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This series had made me long for the SA series last year. Like they've gone too far in the other way after the criticism for the turners they put up.

Also makes it easier to troll India about being roads again :ph34r:

cnerd123

likes this
Lol England's spinners are better batsmen than they are bowlers.

Also there is something about Ishant Sharma - every time we play him we seem to be unable to bowl out lower orders. He's bad juju.

England's best chance of winning a game all series - I expect this to peter out into a draw

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
No team should be playing more than 3 tests against India in India. Problem is no matter how weak Australia and England are in these conditions, the test series between the big 3 will always be 4/5 tests due to the money. I'm actually looking forward to that lone Bangladesh v India test than this one-sided test series. Apart from the Ashes, no other test series should consist of more than 3 tests. Even a 1 match test series is a good idea.
Nah. I love the four/five test series. It is the ultimate brand of cricket. That Pakistan series in the summer for instance was superb and should have had a fifth test. Often with the three tests, I end up wanting more.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
This series had made me long for the SA series last year. Like they've gone too far in the other way after the criticism for the turners they put up.

Also makes it easier to troll India about being roads again :ph34r:
Only these last two have been proper roads tbf, the first three were all just good planning on the part of India.

Shri

Mr. Glass
If we are going to roll out pitches like this, we should find an opener who can score quick consistently. And I have seen and read more about Pant's batting and his offside game is apparently weak. Ganguly would have made Jaddu open by now, just saying.

Last edited:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Only these last two have been proper roads tbf, the first three were all just good planning on the part of India.
Mumbai certainly wasn't a road. 1st and 5th were probably the old Indian type flat wicket. 2,3 and 4 offered some different things for bowlers iirc.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
First 3 were all typical Indian pitches... Roads for the first 3 and even after that for a bit. Bit of assistance for bowlers after that. Mumbai is almost an ideal test wicket because it rewards good batting and good bowling and punishes both average batting and bowling. Chennai is pretty much the same as Rajkot but even though it is the black soil wicket, at least the bounce is still there, although the pace is stupidly slow to make anything happen.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Given the unfortunate circumstances prior to the match, you cannot fault the groundmen because they barely had time to revive and prepare an ideal pitch!

The only thing that could have been done is to have the Test match at another venue in India.