• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
OS, do you still share your view on the pitch, considering first innings scores are going to be 400 and potentially 600? Or do you think that HB was right on his pitch reading?
hb was definitely right, but my excuse is that I can say I was gambhiring, so screw him :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
They are for the most part, actually its more the English press/ex-players who are terrible in that respect, not so much the fans so I'll take that back. But the number of times I've heard and read how Anderson has done really well in India and he has nothing to prove is hilarious.
Heh, I said that and (a) I am not British press, and (b) I think Jimmy is a ****.

But he's a gun, best fast bowler in Asia since Steyn. Unfortunately for him he has come up against the best Indian batsman in good form, and also come in a bit underdone. Also he has a captain who lost the plot.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Think this side as a whole is in miles better form than the 2012 one and that has hurt Anderson as much as anything IMO.

He s surely a very good bowler in these conditions though and I dunno what Cook s smoking not bowling him for so long. Cook has looked pretty desperate and at times bitter this whole series tbh.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Who is going to get to 200 first, Giant (kudos to whomever made up this nickname) or Kaptain Kohli?

Kirkut

International Regular
This freeflow batting is hurting me so much when I think of what I have missed out today. Anyways, should let it go and hope for Kohli getting a big double!

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Heh, I said that and (a) I am not British press, and (b) I think Jimmy is a ****.

But he's a gun, best fast bowler in Asia since Steyn. Unfortunately for him he has come up against the best Indian batsman in good form, and also come in a bit underdone. Also he has a captain who lost the plot.
He also had his opportunity to bowl to the most mentally shot Indian batting line up 4 years ago, so its fair game now that he's up against a resilient Indian batting line up now.

Rootfan

Banned
How is Anderson the best in Asia since Steyn? Serious question. He just picked a few wickets here and there against an Indian line up that was shot in 2012 and the ever hopeless Pak batsmen once. That's it. Starc has more to show and he's played like 1/3 of the number of matches Anderson has overall.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He also had his opportunity to bowl to the most mentally shot Indian batting line up 4 years ago, so its fair game now that he's up against a resilient Indian batting line up now.
So did Siddle and Ryan Harris at home and no one takes that away from them.

And that mentally shot team went up a test and Anderson helped turn it around.

Anyway doesn't seem like I'm going to change your mind, so agree to disagree.

cnerd123

likes this
If Yadav gets promoted over Jadeja, then India will have a man with three FC 300s batting at 9

Let that sink in for a moment