• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Shri

Mr. Glass
Moonda should hang it up. Bhogle, Moonda et al are arrogant commentators who think they can talk about **** that they can't relate to. **** 'em.

Also applies to most of us. So **** us too.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
The biggest of false dawns. Reminds me of 2008/09 when, Australia seemingly turned the corner after a loss and Andrew McDonald, Doug Bollinger, Marcus North and Philip Hughes were going to retain the Ashes and take Australia back to number one.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Great display by Australia here, dead rubber or not. I do feel had this been a live game, Faf won't have batted first and his bowlers would have been a bit more switched on, but it produced a great game :) Not totally sold on all the Aussie debutants, but Renshaw def. has the temperament for the test arena and Handscomb looks a bit of a Clarke/Smith lite at the moment, which is not the worst thing given how good (not) the other batsmen tried so far have been for Australia. Starc and Hazlewood continue to be awesome and if they can sort their 3rd seamer out, they will still be a potent force in international cricket just coz of how good and varied their attack is. Two Marshes in for Maddinson and Renshaw or do they drop Handscomb?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Amazing commitment by the whole nation to #intent, even the crowd on board giving Bronx cheers to a debutant fighting his way to a rare Test victory. A CH9 raised audience showing their knowledge and appreciation of the game.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
i need some help, my mum hasn't stopped banging on for the last couple days about the manner in which shamsi bowls when he comes around the wicket (starts to the right of the umpire and comes around to the left of the umpire) and i've done my best to explain to her that it's just a thing that some people do. i can't think of anyone else specifically off the top of my head who does it, anyone have any examples? doesn't matter if they're right/left arm off/leg spin
Is she referring to the way he appears to be ducking under an invisible beam just as he enters his delivery stride?

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Congrats Aus. A reasonably good win with a new team and something to build on.

Well done Faf and team, another good series win in Australia.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
3 series wins for SA in Australia in 8 years. Indian fans would have to sit through 3 lifetimes to see that, LOL.

adub

International Captain
3 series wins for SA in Australia in 8 years. Indian fans would have to sit through 3 lifetimes to see that, LOL.
3 Lifetimes? That's probably for seeing Australian series wins in India.

Ain't no one getting reincarnated enough to see 3 Indian series wins in Australia.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Good to see us win but it was a dead rubber so performances need to be viewed in that perspective. SA played better over the 3 games and won the series.

I think Renshaw and Handscombe showed enough to keep their spots in the team. Although if the pick and stick is serious from the selectors they and Mad dog are safe for the summer and possibly India.

On Renshaws plays and misses. He could have been dropping his wrists to leave the ball at the last second when he saw the movement. It's the opposite to pushing at a moving ball, so useful in an opener. There is still risk doing it though so it's better to leave it properly or at least tuck the bat away/never commit to a shot.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I mean, really, Cricinfo has such poor writers for a site with its profile. Achingly bad.

The worst are those articles about some club cricketer talking about surviving the good net or whatever. Who. The ****. Cares.
Trying to cash in on the "Grade Cricketer" stuff, and it's backfiring.

The guys are saving all their best stuff for the Guardian, by the looks of it so far.