• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

ajdude

International Coach
i need some help, my mum hasn't stopped banging on for the last couple days about the manner in which shamsi bowls when he comes around the wicket (starts to the right of the umpire and comes around to the left of the umpire) and i've done my best to explain to her that it's just a thing that some people do. i can't think of anyone else specifically off the top of my head who does it, anyone have any examples? doesn't matter if they're right/left arm off/leg spin

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm starting to think Renshaw must be very subtly leaving the ball with a lot of these play and misses. Like he sees them deviate slightly and he knows he's missing it if he plays through the shot but just does it anyway and it looks like a play and miss but is actually a leave

I'm clutching at straws but maybe

ajdude

International Coach
god ****ing damnit i'm sick of this urgency everyone's placing on renshaw. who ****ing cares, he's doing fine. burns would've nicked off by now

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm starting to think Renshaw must be very subtly leaving the ball with a lot of these play and misses. Like he sees them deviate slightly and he knows he's missing it if he plays through the shot but just does it anyway and it looks like a play and miss but is actually a leave

Well that's I've been thinking but some of them have been so close it'd have to be blind luck.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

He does not push at the ball... he has had a lot of luck though. But he does not seem particularly bothered by it which shows great mindset.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He does not push at the ball... he has had a lot of luck though. But he does not seem particularly bothered by it which shows great mindset.
What I was hypothesizing was a step past that. Like not only does not he not push at a ball that he plays the wrong line to, but almost that he plays a defensive line naturally, hits it if the ball is there, but if its not he "misses" it but still looks like he was trying to hit it but actually leaving it.

ajdude

International Coach
hey look smith edged one and he's out but he'll get full praise for his intent. renshaw isn't out (this isn't an attack on smith btw)