• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol what? There were no such chants at all. He'd toured here between 2005 and 2006/7 when he played for the world XI and didn't get any crap like that either.

Australian crowds can be awfully boorish but believe me they're no worse than what you get in England when it comes to how they treat visiting players.

The barmy army was mildly amusing 20 years ago but these days they're just a pack of boors in matching unwashed shirts

Last edited:

Dan_M_Bali

U19 Debutant
Lol what? There were no such chants at all. He'd toured here between 2005 and 2006/7 when he played for the world XI and didn't get any crap like that either.

Australian crowds can be awfully boorish but believe me they're no worse than what you get in England when it comes to how they treat visiting players.

The barmy army was mildly amusing 20 years ago but these days they're just a pack of boors in matching unwashed shirts
I was in Brisbane dude... I heard it.

Dan_M_Bali

U19 Debutant
I suspect it was the voices in your head
\No boss.

There aren't crowds in the world more boorish than Aus. The aussie, aussie, aussie chants... the "insert name" is a w*nker... the undeniable racism...

I find English crowds to be more mickey taking fancy dress jovial nonsense than just crass bogan'ish insults.

But hey... agree to disagree.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Saffers are still not out of it I guess as they will find it slightly easier to bat in the afternoon tomorrow. With Philander to come, Cook & de kock need to make a big partnership.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
\No boss.

There aren't crowds in the world more boorish than Aus. The aussie, aussie, aussie chants... the "insert name" is a w*nker... the undeniable racism...

I find English crowds to be more mickey taking fancy dress jovial nonsense than just crass bogan'ish insults.

Aussie crowds can be awful, not denying that.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
\No boss.

You're in Bali!

Please dont lecture the world on racism

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Good absorbing day’s cricket. Aus didn’t let up, best they bowled all series with everyone pitching in and the last hour probably ended it for South Africa. South Africa still need to make some changes to the batting line-up but who do they drop? Everyone except Amla contributed at one point but only de Kock and Faf will end up averaging more than 40 for the series though Cook still has an outside chance of achieving that.

anil1405

International Captain
Proteas looked like they were gonna edge ahead during certain periods in the game but their middle order batsmen let them down.

Blocky

Banned
It's really funny watching Australian's either pretend or absolutely forget how they treat the best players of the opposition, thinking "Oh they're loved here!" and not remembering the booing, the chants and the way the media acted.