• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Spark I did too. Doolan did well first bat if I'm remembering correctly.. Everything is a blur though these days though.

Blocky

Banned
Alright, here comes the sauce...

Can Khawaja resist another set... he's been immense here, single handedly created the conditions for Smith and Handscomb to flourish in.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Phew. Would be a bit rough to be given out for that tiny brush on the pad.
That's a bit of a blind spot to the rules maybe IMO. Lbw is there because the ball would hit the stumps if the pad wasn't there, to stop you from just playing with the pad.

In a situation like that where you're middling it anyway seems very harsh for that to be out lbw, which it technically would be were the ball hitting the stumps.

One to think about

Spark I did too. Doolan did well first bat if I'm remembering correctly.. Everything is a blur though these days though.
Do you get that where the first 3-4 years you watched cricket you remember everything incredibly clearly, year-by-year, then it all just blurs into one?

If that's what you're talking about I get it too.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
That's a bit of a blind spot to the rules maybe IMO. Lbw is there because the ball would hit the stumps if the pad wasn't there, to stop you from just playing with the pad.

In a situation like that where you're middling it anyway seems very harsh for that to be out lbw, which it technically would be were the ball hitting the stumps.

One to think about
By that logic you could have your bat tucked behind your pad for every ball.

"If it didn't hit my pad, it would've hit the middle of my bat."

Furball

Evil Scotsman

One to think about

Do you get that where the first 3-4 years you watched cricket you remember everything incredibly clearly, year-by-year, then it all just blurs into one?

How do you offociate that? Would make the lbw law far too subjective IMO.

Daemon

Philander's got not much left in the tank atm. Not good signs with a new ball and 20 overs to go.

TheJediBrah

How do you offociate that? Would make the lbw law far too subjective IMO.
Absolutely. Definitely not saying it should be changed outright, but it's interesting to think about being out lbw in that situation, and how counter to the point of the lbw law it is.

Blocky

Banned
Tired South Africa, remember that Philander and Rabada both had to pick up the slack in the absence of Steyn, and Abbott bowled his heart out earlier in the set... not looking good at this point for them.

TheJediBrah

This has been such an impressive innings from Handscomb. Got to 41 so quickly and you hardly even noticed him scoring those runs.

Gives weight to my call pre-series of just sending the Victorian Shield side out to represent Aus.

adub

International Captain

Loved Kepler's fielding as short leg during WSC