• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Blocky

Banned
Couple more overs and it should spice up again, but South Africa have got to create another complete collapse in order to stay in the match.

Good ole Dead Rubbers.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
This is junk captaincy from du Plessis.

'here lads, just play yourselves in before the new ball so you can smash it everywhere'

adub

International Captain
A few times Handscomb has used his feet to the spinner and turned a half-volley into a yorker

It looks good when it works, but it seems as though he's really just doing for lols and not really to the right deliveries
Nah, this isn't top shelf spin on a bunsen, but I'm liking Handscomb's picking the length and getting to full ones when ever he can. If it's too short he goes back and cuts.That's good spin play.Not the sort of guy who's going to get tied down against spin which is something we haven't been able to avoid against decent spin for a while.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Who was the last Aussie bat to make a decent score in his debut Test innings? Feels like ages since someone made a 50

Edit - Voges. Anyone else?

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, this isn't top shelf spin on a bunsen, but I'm liking Handscomb's picking the length and getting to full ones when ever he can. If it's too short he goes back and cuts.That's good spin play.Not the sort of guy who's going to get tied down against spin which is something we haven't been able to avoid against decent spin for a while.
Well yeah of course. I'm not saying what he's doing isn't a good thing.

Must admit I thought all the hype about him being a good player of spin was exaggeration, being seeing him play here has looked pretty impressive.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
When you're part time spinners have been milked, and after watching Abbott's pace in the second session you probably had to put all the eggs in the new ball basket.