• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Motorwada

Banned
All of those teams you mention including Pakistan are effectively neutered by conditions that don't support pace bowling, NZ have to play people like Craig, Sodhi, Patel because we have no other spin bowlers in the country, so the point I continue to make is that in conditions where sides don't feel the need to stack themselves with **** spinners, India can't get the job done

If they could, they'd be #1 and if Ashwin could, he'd be legitimately great, rather than have an all time asterisk against the wickets.
We ARE #1 :cool:

Blocky

Banned
Yeah but you clearly said "no series wins outside sc". You explicitly did not use the 'meaningful' qualifier at all.

As I said, Checkmate. I'm a genius.
I said no meaningful series wins, sorry. You need to read a little better, and if you're really crowing about besting the West Indies and also beating England in sub continent conditions, you might want to review how Bangladesh is doing against them.

Shri

Mr. Glass
All of those teams you mention including Pakistan are effectively neutered by conditions that don't support pace bowling, NZ have to play people like Craig, Sodhi, Patel because we have no other spin bowlers in the country, so the point I continue to make is that in conditions where sides don't feel the need to stack themselves with **** spinners, India can't get the job done

If they could, they'd be #1 and if Ashwin could, he'd be legitimately great, rather than have an all time asterisk against the wickets.
Wait, he is a **** spinner because you have ****tier spinners? Thats not how any of this works.

Motorwada

Banned
I said no meaningful series wins, sorry. You need to read a little better, and if you're really crowing about besting the West Indies and also beating England in sub continent conditions, you might want to review how Bangladesh is doing against them.
Bangladesh are a good team especially in their conditions. You can't use them as an example of a 'weak team'. They drew against SA and were in a dominant position in the tests, also put Pakistan (who are great in these conditions) to the sword in one of the tests. I don't see any non SC side winning in Bang for a long long time.

Blocky

Banned
Averages 54 in Australia, 33 in England in two tests and couldn't get a wicket in South Africa.

Should he ever play NZ in NZ, he'll get absolutely smashed around like the tosh he is.

Blocky

Banned
9 Matches, and he's taken 24 wickets at 56.5 in conditions that aren't sub continent against sides that are in the Top 6.

But yeah, he's a genius - and Jadeja is just as good obviously looking at his stats in India.

cnerd123

likes this
Yo guys know Blocky's the troll here right?

Like, you aren't trolling him, he's trolling you.

I'd score this exchange 10-8 to blocky tbh. You guys have barely landed a meaningful blow on him.

Blocky

Banned
He doesn't do his job well outside conditions that suit him, that's the entire point I'm making.

You want to make him seem like some sort of god tier cricketer, when he isn't even half the spin bowler that Harbhajan was.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mean, I'm not denying Ashwin's career thus far has been built on the back of spin friendly wickets and batsmen that can't play spin as much as good bowling, but he's clearly been a ridiculously good bowler in these conditions, with a few performances here and there like the last match where there wasn't as much help.

I think he'll be very mediocre in NZ, Australia, England and SA though. Will just play a sort of holding role most of the time.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Remind me, what happened last time you toured NZ? Oh that's right...

Remind me, what happened last time you toured Australia? Oh that's right...
We drew despite being terrible.

We lost because we were terrible.

What happened last month? 3-0.

Blocky

Banned
I mean, I'm not denying Ashwin's career thus far has been built on the back of spin friendly wickets and batsmen that can't play spin as much as good bowling, but he's clearly been a ridiculously good bowler in these conditions, with a few performances here and there like the last match where there wasn't as much help.

I think he'll be very mediocre in NZ, Australia, England and SA though. Will just play a sort of holding role most of the time.
That's exactly the point I'm making. That's why India never goes anywhere regularly, because they kill their seamers and rely on wickets that aren't good for cricket.