• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Blocky

Banned
Australians seem impervious to how they act towards touring sides; generally you pick the best two or three players in the opposition and attempt to needle them, with your media being just as bad.
Meanwhile, your cricketers get off scot free for playing so poorly.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Australians seem impervious to how they act towards touring sides; generally you pick the best two or three players in the opposition and attempt to needle them, with your media being just as bad.
Apart from literally half of them being dropped and slammed in the media.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It'd be so nice if you weren't here

cnerd123

likes this
How awesome is Faf?

> Tour of Australia coming up, a country where visitng sides are repeatedly getting rekt
> Get handed captaincy on short notice despite struggling to hold down a spot in the XI because the actual captain and star batsman isn't available
> Get bowled out cheaply Day 1 first test
> Star bowler pulls up lame at 158/1
> Decides '**** this', pop a mint in, shine the ball vigorously, and start making lewd promises for late night amorous activities to Rabada and Philander to pump them up
> Win that epic test
> Bring Abbot in next test, make him the same promises, stock up on mints
> Stomp the Aussies yet again and win the series 2-0
> Get caught for using the mints
> Brush it off, laugh at the media, get off basically scott free
> Third test, side's in trouble, smack a superb unbeaten century, and then do the cricket equivalent of the Stockton Slap* by declaring at 259/9, forcing Khawaja and the debutant to come out an bat because Warner was off the field

WAFG

*It's an mma reference than some won't get but will win me a like from indiaholic.

cnerd123

likes this
Really all Faf needs for this to be the greatest series ever for a visiting captain is to take a five-fer in the fourth innings to bowl SA to victory.

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
Aussies like those that come and quietly do well while the tourists gets beaten, hence loving people like Tendulkar.
Aussies hate those that come and loudly do well, while the tourists win and dominate Australia in Australia, like Hadlee in 86, Curtly, Graeme Smith and Faf.
I think this is why Australians like/respect Sangakkara (well I think they do)

Not too sure about the second part. I think it falls under love-to-hate but deep down they know they are effing good.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Looking forward to watching Shamsi today - always fascinating seeing a wristspinner with good variations, especially against someone like Khawaja who doesn't know which way it's going to turn.

Blocky

Banned
It'd be so nice if you weren't here
You're equally as dire tbh, I'll leave if you leave.

Apart from literally half of them being dropped and slammed in the media.
Smarsh and Mmarsh due to injury, Voges due to injury (although would've been dropped), Ferg was a one test wonder, Siddle due to injury.

Nevill is the only real person that's been dropped in the series.

Spark

Global Moderator
I can't tell if Renshaw is deliberately playing the wrong line here because he's missing some of these balls by a foot.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If he has caught that!!

Looks like that is out... hand under the ball for me.

Last edited: