• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I`m having to listen to the ch9 commentary as SS having problems.... my ears are starting to bleed and I don`t even think they`ve been that bad.

Blocky

Banned
I don't think I've ever used the words "loving" or "caring" in relationship to internet people like you, Burge.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Would you say the same thing if Australia were 1 down or 2 down now?
Yes.

He's still sacrificed runs to put Australia in which is mental, and I'm not a big believer in the whole 'oooh, get them in for an uncomfortable 10 overs' tactic. You still need to back that up and bowl well today.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
You're equally as dire tbh, I'll leave if you leave.

Smarsh and Mmarsh due to injury, Voges due to injury (although would've been dropped), Ferg was a one test wonder, Siddle due to injury.

Nevill is the only real person that's been dropped in the series.
Let's not revise MMarsh; he was dropped (and literally five days after the selectors said he wouldn't be). The fact that he was injured before the next Shield game is neither here nor there. Voges wasn't considered, yeah, but was being dropped anyway. Burns was dropped. Ferguson was dropped -- you aren't somehow not dropped just because you only played the one Test before it happened. Nevill was dropped. Mennie was dropped from the squad. Lyon would have been dropped too if not for the SoK injury.

I can't see how the massive changes ahead of this Test are anything other than consequences for poor performance. I can't see how the calls for Lehmann to be sacked aren't repercussions for poor performance. I can't see how a mid-summer selection panel change doesn't count as consequences. I'll give you the criticism of Pat Howard though; Australia could be on 20 straight victories across England and India and there'd still be a thinkpiece about how he has to go.
The media hasn't let Australia off the hook for sucking here, and neither have the fans.

Blocky

Banned
Awh, Rabada would have got little Davey out if not for Abbott doing the job.

Let's see how Myth copes in these conditions against this bowling.