• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Member Berry

U19 Cricketer
Based on the philosophy of doing what your opponent would like least, & judging Smith's reaction, I'd say it was still the best decision at the time. Warner could nick off, but he could also blaze them to 0/50 off 10 overs.
Oh, I agree it was a good decision, for the sheer trollishness of it alone. I just think when you make a decision as ballsy as this, you're more than willing to risk a 0/50 in order to get the most dangerous opp. batsman out.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I take offence to Renshaws being anyway. Someone who lived in this country till they were 7 should not been an Aussie.

I had a Sunderland season ticket by 6. Like me deciding I wanted to support Newcastle by 11 cos I lived in Newcastle territory my entire life.
So what's your opinion of Ben Stokes?

Marius

International Debutant
I take offence to Renshaws being anyway. Someone who lived in this country till they were 7 should not been an Aussie.

I had a Sunderland season ticket by 6. Like me deciding I wanted to support Newcastle by 11 cos I lived in Newcastle territory my entire life.
So, what should he do? Not get picked, despite being an Australian citizen and living in Australia? Maybe ship him off to Nauru?

Burgey

I'm forgetting he was a traitor by time 06/07 rolled around. I only saw Hayden in test cricket really in 2005.

Even then I can't remember much of what he did as 12 year old so I doubt someone who was 12 when Hayden retired can remember what Hayden did in his prime to model his game on him.

Ergo warne talking shite.
Maybe his dad, not being a sour smart arse, thought "My kid is tall, left handed and has some talent. I'll show him some clips of Hatden in his pomp".

You know, like parents do.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

13 years in a country is a long time lol

did you protest KP's inclusion in your test side

Daemon

You voted Brexit didn't you

Spark

Global Moderator
Maybe his dad, not being a sour smart arse, thought "My kid is tall, left handed and has some talent. I'll show him some clips of Hatden in his pomp".

You know, like parents do.
Yeah, it's clearly plausible. Might not be true, but that's not really the point.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Aren't you a fan of Ben Stokes?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can't wait for the Ashes next year when we'll get the first opportunity for Clarke and Warne to talk about the pizza and salad story live on air.