• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think Faf would've preferred bowling to Warner under lights in a situation like this tbh. Get Warner out and the day goes massively in SA's favour.
Based on the philosophy of doing what your opponent would like least, & judging Smith's reaction, I'd say it was still the best decision at the time. Warner could nick off, but he could also blaze them to 0/50 off 10 overs.

Spikey

I heard he was ten? So he still would have caught a few years. Certainly he was old enough to have watched Hayden bat in England (though that would have admittedly been limited)
ah thought it was 12/13

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For all the grief C9 gets, they come up with some great innovations like that pitch scan.

Spark

Global Moderator
Based on the philosophy of doing what your opponent would like least, & judging Smith's reaction, I'd say it was still the best decision at the time. Warner could nick off, but he could also blaze them to 0/50 off 10 overs.
Was Smith's reaction the declaration though, or the fact that Warner couldn't bat + the garbage ending to the innings?

mackembhoy

International Regular
Hayden retired in 2009, not 1999.
I'm forgetting he was a traitor by time 06/07 rolled around. I only saw Hayden in test cricket really in 2005.

Even then I can't remember much of what he did as 12 year old so I doubt someone who was 12 when Hayden retired can remember what Hayden did in his prime to model his game on him.

Ergo warne talking shite.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Warne talking utter shite. Renshaw is 4 and half years younger than me.

I hardly watched Hayden bat so I doubt this lad did.

you're 24 and you didn't see much of Hayden? Plenty of kids(like me) watched every ball of the Aussie Summer from ages 8-18

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm forgetting he was a traitor by time 06/07 rolled around. I only saw Hayden in test cricket really in 2005.

Even then I can't remember much of what he did as 12 year old so I doubt someone who was 12 when Hayden retired can remember what Hayden did in his prime to model his game on him.

I clearly remember Hayden's batting during the 01-03 period, when I would have been 9-11 years old. Hayden was pretty easy to remember.

mackembhoy

International Regular
I take offence to Renshaws being anyway. Someone who lived in this country till they were 7 should not been an Aussie.

I had a Sunderland season ticket by 6. Like me deciding I wanted to support Newcastle by 11 cos I lived in Newcastle territory my entire life.

Top_Cat

Why the **** does Cricinfo bold this?

Abbott to Renshaw, no run, good length outside off, left alone. De Kock can't collect cleanly, he is whacked on the fingertips

Furball

Evil Scotsman

So basically you saw him get dismissed by Matthew Hoggard a lot.

morgieb

He moved from England to New Zealand when he was 7. Would've been easier to watch Hayden in NZ than England.