• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best team in world cricket right now

the best

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's one of SA, Pakistan or England.
Nah, I know it doesn't sit well with you, but it's India atm to be fair, with SA the only threat imo.

Pakistan & England are in the next tier down with Australia & New Zealand another tier below.

Zinzan

SA for me. Bowlers win test matches and they have the best bowling attack in world cricket.
SA have the best pace attack & India the best spin attack.

So unless you're effectively saying a good pace attack > a good spin attack, then It's almost impossible to split them in my eyes. Especially considering in the SC & the Windes, a top spin attack is more handy, whereas obviously England, SA, NZ & Aust suit a good pace attack.

BeeGee

International Captain
I've said it before and I'll say it again

It's India guys
SA win series away from home. That's why they get my vote over India.

SA have the best pace attack & India the best spin attack.

So unless you're effectively saying a good pace attack > a good spin attack, then It's almost impossible to split them in my eyes. Especially considering in the SC & the Windes, a top spin attack is more handy, whereas obviously England, SA, NZ & Aust suit a good pace attack.
That's exactly what I'm saying. There's a reason the standard test bowling makeup is 3 seamers and 1 spinner, rather than 3 spinners and 1 seamer.

Last edited:

Zinzan

SA win series away from home. That's why they get my vote over India.
But you don't hold it against them for consistently losing to Australia & England sides that tour SA?

SA are only better away from home than India in England, NZ & Australia. Meanwhile India are a much tougher home side than SA, & also better away in the SC & the Windies.

smash84

The Tiger King
But you don't hold it against them for consistently losing to Australia & England sides that tour SA?

SA are only better away from home than India in England, NZ & Australia. Meanwhile India are a much tougher home side than SA, & also better away in the SC & the Windies.
SA didn't lose in UAE IIRC. And SL?

Zinzan

Let me put it this way BeeGee, I'd currently give India a much much better chance of beating SA in SA than I would in SA beating India at home... the latter I'd give NO chance.

BeeGee

International Captain
Let me put it this way BeeGee, I'd currently give India a much much better chance of beating SA in SA than I would in SA beating India at home... the latter I'd give NO chance.
OK, well this is where we disagree.

Zinzan

SA didn't lose in UAE IIRC. And SL?
Yeah, SA managed a drawn series back in the UAE in 2013/14, but that was a long time ago now & so did NZ,

Either way, India are a much better side in the SC & Windies than SA, as well as being a much tougher home side. No side beats India at home at the moment, vs. SA who play better in Australia, England and SA & have struggled at home against Aus and England particularly.

All that, & I have India comfortably ahead as of this moment.

Burgey

Nah, I know it doesn't sit well with you, but it's India atm to be fair, with SA the only threat imo.

Pakistan & England are in the next tier down with Australia & New Zealand another tier below.
Depends how you look at it tbh. I would want India to win away a bit more before they get the mantle, but they're just about unbeatable at home ATM so fair enough. Pakistan drew in England this year in pretty alien conditions for them tbf.

Last edited:

BeeGee

International Captain
Yes but SA also loose too much at home......so that's gotta count against them.
It does count against them. I'm not saying SA are miles ahead of India, I just think they have the greater ability to beat any other team in any conditions, whereas all of India's strength comes from being a fortress at home.

If India win a series away from home against decent opposition I'd gladly concede their superiority.

Zinzan

Depends how you look at it tbh. I would want India to win away a bit more before they get the mantle, but they're just about unbeatable at home ATM so fair enough.
Yeah, If SA could just dominate at home, it would make all the difference, but they can't seem to.

smash84

The Tiger King
Yeah, If SA could just dominate at home, it would make all the difference, but they can't seem to.
yeah but india are pretty woeful in Eng and Aus (and possibly SA). SA are not that woeful at home.

If I had to pick a more rounded side, it would be SA. If I had to pick a side in SC conditions to absolutely decimate the opposition it would have to be India.

Zinzan

yeah but india are pretty woeful in Eng and Aus (and possibly SA). SA are not that woeful at home.
By the same point, India is pretty much unbeatable at home currently, whereas SA are most certainly not.

SA should defintely get credit for being such a good touring side in places like Aust & NZ, but you've got to be formidable at home to be the top side for mine.

smash84

The Tiger King
By the same point, India is pretty much unbeatable at home currently, whereas SA are most certainly not.

SA should defintely get credit for being such a good touring side in places like Aust & NZ, but you've got to be formidable at home to be the top side for mine.
Are you saying a side losing everywhere else but dominant at home > than a side losing at home and winning everywhere else?

Zinzan

Are you saying a side losing everywhere else but dominant at home > than a side losing at home and winning everywhere else?
Given India don't lose everywhere else & SA don't win everywhere else, that question is nonsensical.