• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

SeamUp

International Coach
There is a threat we may catch a flight home now but let's see the reaction to this because we are angry put it that way.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Mate 2001 Mike Denness affair changed the landscape of modern cricket administration. BCCI not only showed us who wears the pants but what colour and what price.
Don't think CSA's got it tbh

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There is a threat we may catch a flight home now but let's see the reaction to this because we are angry put it that way.

Why would you go all subcontinent and threaten to go home? It's ridiculous. I never understand this idea that teams will threaten to go home because they face disciplinary action from the governing body of the sport they sign up to play. It's a ****ing joke.

If you're not happy about it, fight it and beat it. If you lose, appeal it.

Honestly, unless there's a threat to your personal safety, I do not understand why any team would threaten to leave a tour. FMD it's gutless. Seriously pisses me off. And I don't care who does it. Fancy threatening to take your bat and ball and go home because you face a charge. Stay and fight the ****ing thing like a man.

Faf du Plessis. The Julian Assange of world cricket.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Why would you go all subcontinent and threaten to go home? It's ridiculous. I never understand this idea that teams will threaten to go home because they face disciplinary action from the governing body of the sport they sign up to play. It's a ****ing joke.

If you're not happy about it, fight it and beat it. If you lose, appeal it.

Honestly, unless there's a threat to your personal safety, I do not understand why any team would threaten to leave a tour. FMD it's gutless. Seriously pisses me off.
There is a whole multitude of factors. Sometimes you've got to stand up to scum-bags who run the game.

I don't care what anyone says but international cricket needs SA more than the other way round. They clearly feel the timing is wrong and they being targeted in this instance after the results. Imagine working so hard and getting the gloss taken off like it has been ?

Not saying I would go home or want them to go home but your reaction is the easy one when you aren't be targeted or involved.

indiaholic

International Captain
Nah. Thinking that you are being unfairly targeted is the easy response. It is the classic you against the world mentality that allowed the Deness affair to happen.

Shri

Mr. Glass
There is a whole multitude of factors. Sometimes you've got to stand up to scum-bags who run the game.

I don't care what anyone says but international cricket needs SA more than the other way round. They clearly feel the timing is wrong and they being targeted in this instance after the results. Imagine working so hard and getting the gloss taken off like it has been ?

Not saying I would go home or want them to go home but your reaction is the easy one when you aren't be targeted or involved.
And everyone will be more willing to fight if the process was quicker or if the rest of the games can be put on hold.

Burgey

This is a genuine question. What does the highlighted actually mean? So if they'd lost the test the timing would have been all right? Being targeted? Give me a break. Name one person who matters who has done anything but applaud their effort and bemoan Australia's. You won't find one. No one from CA has suggested in any way that the result was impacted by this. If the ICC thinks he should be charged, he should face the charge and deal with it.

This is why professional sportsmen are mostly ****s, tbh. Jesus they're spoilt brats. Good old Faf, he's gone all Inzy/ Kumble on us. What a ****ing appalling dummy spit (pun intended), to threaten to go home because of this. Maybe he wasn't targeted, maybe he isn't a victim. Maybe he deserved to be charged and have to deal with it. Maybe he'll be charged and cleared after his hearing. Just man up and ****ing deal with it.

Are you suggesting this is some sort of anti-SA conspiracy? If you are mate, there's a grassy knoll in Dallas you and Faf can go and set up stumps on.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Yeah SeamUp I can't really see where you're coming from. No one was "targeted" and suggesting that the result of the match was somehow relevant is absolutely absurd.

Burgey

I don't want Faf suspended. He's the only one of their batsmen we've been able to get out so far :(

The charge has been laid by noted South Africa hater Dave Richardson without any complaint by CA.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

I guess the obvious next step is to invalidate the result of the first 2 tests in this series, in addition to retroactively invalidating the 2005 ashes series results. Then we can maybe think about starting to forgive Faf for these heinous crimes against the game of cricket.

SeamUp

International Coach
This is a genuine question. What does the highlighted actually mean? So if they'd lost the test the timing would have been all right? Being targeted? Give me a break. Name one person who matters who has done anything but applaud their effort and bemoan Australia's. You won't find one. No one from CA has suggested in any way that the result was impacted by this. If the ICC thinks he should be charged, he should face the charge and deal with it.

This is why professional sportsmen are mostly ****s, tbh. Jesus they're spoilt brats. Good old Faf, he's gone all Inzy/ Kumble on us. What a ****ing appalling dummy spit (pun intended), to threaten to go home because of this. Maybe he wasn't targeted, maybe he isn't a victim. Maybe he deserved to be charged and have to deal with it. Maybe he'll be charged and cleared after his hearing. Just man up and ****ing deal with it.

Are you suggesting this is some sort of anti-SA conspiracy? If you are mate, there's a grassy knoll in Dallas you and Faf can go and set up stumps on.
First of all, I want to clear something up that I am not accusing anyone on here of assuming the result would have been different.

But we don't know what has been communicated by the ICC and others people. I'm going with what Lalor said and if true that the SA team is considering quitting then there is matter of principle involved here.

Remember the umpires or match referee didn't report anything. This is the ICC reacting to press and media reports.

There was an issue in England when Pakistan toured there and Pak media picked up suspicious behaviour but ICC did nothing then.

But as I said, let's wait till more comes out and I highly doubt they will leave the tour.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I don't want Faf suspended. He's the only one of their batsmen we've been able to get out so far :(

The charge has been laid by noted South Africa hater Dave Richardson without any complaint by CA.
Isn’t it just a match fine and some meaningless points thing if found guilty?
Doesn’t seem like anything to get worked up about. Got a game next week, let the lawyer(s) and board worry about this and Amla has already came out today and spoke and that should be it from the players until the hearing.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
SA are not going to leave the tour.... but to charge based on some media coverage and nothing else seems poor. No complaint by Aus, no complaint by match referee and no complaint by umpires. So why charge then? Is it a case of explain this if you can`t explain it you must be guilty?

Might give Rillee a shot though....