• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Apparently he can be suspended given the level of the charge, according to the cricinfo article on the whole thing. Suppose it would depend where they found the offence was in the range.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Key points why SA should not overreact:

• The chaos is mostly from Australian media
  • Haven't heard anything from Australian team regarding the matter
  • Australian fans accepted the defeat and haven't seen anyone saying the loss was due to glossy saliva

Burgey

The loss was due to the glossy paint we've been using over the cracks in our batting line up tbh

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
First of all, I want to clear something up that I am not accusing anyone on here of assuming the result would have been different.

But we don't know what has been communicated by the ICC and others people. I'm going with what Lalor said and if true that the SA team is considering quitting then there is matter of principle involved here.

Remember the umpires or match referee didn't report anything. This is the ICC reacting to press and media reports.

There was an issue in England when Pakistan toured there and Pak media picked up suspicious behaviour but ICC did nothing then.

But as I said, let's wait till more comes out and I highly doubt they will leave the tour.
What's the protocol here? Not sure if ICC is breaching their own laws. There has to be some sort of reports or complains and ICC to look into it then or they can choose everything brought up by media and decide to investigate? None of the match officials or Australian team complained so ICC purely based on media reports investigated the incident and laid the charges.

SeamUp

International Coach
What's the protocol here? Not sure if ICC is breaching their own laws. There has to be some sort of reports or complains and ICC to look into it then or they can choose everything brought up by media and decide to investigate? None of the match officials or Australian team complained so ICC purely based on media reports investigated the incident and laid the charges.
I'm not sure. That is why I brought up the Eng-Pak incident. Certainly a first.

SA cricket team feel pretty **** about it and I don't blame them.

But lets play cricket.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not sure. That is why I brought up the Eng-Pak incident. Certainly a first.

SA cricket team feel pretty **** about it and I don't blame them.

But lets play cricket.
Probably there's a law somewhere written ICC can investigate anything if they feel as a governing body. But it has to be said they were under pressure to look into this as Australian media blown this out of proportion

Burgey

The media caught Md Amir tbf.

Burgey

how privileged you are to live in the glorious seat of grayndler
It is indeed a glorious part of the world. Just back from a sunset walk at Mort Bay, and not much* is wrong with the world.

*this actually isn't really true.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah. Thinking that you are being unfairly targeted is the easy response. It is the classic you against the world mentality that allowed the Deness affair to happen.
Agreed that is the wrong mentality here. I don't think it's who gets targetted which is the issue, it's who never gets targetted that differentiates this.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Press conference happening and Amla is talking.
Think that happened earlier in the day (before du Plessis was charged). Though the Aus reporters seem up for it, getting in Amla's face and one asserting that in the 2005 Ashes Mike Atherton was up to no good.

flibbertyjibber

Think that happened earlier in the day (before du Plessis was charged). Though the Aus reporters seem up for it, getting in Amla's face and one asserting that in the 2005 Ashes Mike Atherton was up to no good.
He'd have done well as retired in 2001.

Shri

Mr. Glass
"Journalist"