• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Niall

International Coach
Ball tampering doesn't bother me that much as I assume plenty of countries do it, but if you get caught then screw you homie. Faf was caught at this v Pakistan so yeah no issue with a ban whatsoever.

Bahseph

International Debutant
I'm a little lost as to who presented the evidence to the ICC? Can anyone clear it up for me.

And on Faf, he has been caught twice now and charged by the ICC. It's their rules and he broke them, knowingly or not, so I don't think he can complain if there is a ban.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Amla looked a little silly in the press conference, came out firing saying what a joke the claims were, then was informed of the evidence with the lolly in the mouth(apparently didn't know about it) then tried to argue that the lolly wouldn't do much anyway... asking if there was any proof a lolly affected the ball and just a lot of besides-the-point comments. like obviously Faf thought the lolly did something going by the evidence hah

stupid saffers

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
"I chew bubble gum while I'm on the field - you want me to brush my teeth after lunch?" says Hashim Amla. Tell em Hashim
Dont forget the lip gloss. No media can pick it up if you put on lip gloss and rub it on the ball. Vaseline would do also. How about putting some hair gel? I mean Afridi always has his fingers brushing his hair after every ball for no reason right

mackembhoy

International Regular
I've just seen a video of David Warner using lip salve. Then using his lipsalved fingers to shine the ball. Where's his ban?

Using whites and saliva is tampering the ball anyway. As is touching the ball with oiled palms from sun cream etc.

You're using something to change the ball which hasn't been done by the pitch/outfield/bat.

Cricket doesn't really help itself with a lot of things.

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
Amla : This is a joke. You guys are being silly blah blah blah

Reporter: You do know the ICC are investigating this.

Amla:

listento_me

U19 Captain
Ball tampering doesn't bother me that much as I assume plenty of countries do it, but if you get caught then screw you homie. Faf was caught at this v Pakistan so yeah no issue with a ban whatsoever.
what happened there?

Also, does anyone remember if the England lads got in trouble way back in 2005? I don't seem to remember them receiving any sort of punishment.

I guess if you're from a particular part of the world, ball tampering isn't punished :ph34r:

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
The whole thing is insane. Chewing gum just helps create more saliva.

If this is considered ball tampering we may as well completely ban shining the ball at all.