• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pujara's slowly but sure getting back to 2012 levels of dominance at home now. Needs to go bigger though.

Daemon

A 100 can be ignored but a double? He is probably good for 30-40 runs, which might come in handy.
Mishra has a double as well.

It shows he can bat but whether it's the type of flukey Mishra innings we sometimes see or whether it's an Ashwin lite depends more on his technique than his highest score or whatever.

Shri

Mr. Glass

It shows he can bat but whether it's the type of flukey Mishra innings we sometimes see or whether it's an Ashwin lite depends more on his technique than his highest score or whatever.
He has another 100 apart from the double.

Shri

Mr. Glass
see, I pay for my own wifi 4G device, take it with me and watch the test on hotstar. #honesttothecore #dontwastecompanybandwidth #justtorilevcs :p
I tried doing that at my job too but the ****s blocked mobile network signals and wifi at the shitter. So **** 'em.

vcs

I don't get what stre@ming the match on hotstar has to do with people's annoying usage of hashtags though. Indian news channels do it all the time as well.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Jinks Score Sweepstakes:

harsh.ag - An ugly 24
Good call...

Jinks Score Sweepstakes:

harsh.ag - An ugly 24
AZH - 13
***** - 224*

Good jinx.. Jinxed Jinks..

Rahane leaving the ball like a crouched rooster.
I wish he had done that for a couple of more overs :( Such a piss poor way to get out. Anderson and Cook looked like kids who got their Christmas presents early.

With a 5-man batting lineup, 230/3 still doesn't feel comfortable as a fan, even knowing our lower order has contributed well in recent times. All our batsmen need to get in the habit of making big 100s if we persist with this strategy.
Yeah.. this is where I am concerned about how Pujara seems to be doing the pre-Kaptain Kohli these days :( Hope he finds a big one this series.

Really? With the exception of the last 3 Tests in England, they competed well in all those series. Let's see how things go before labeling this as a flat track.

Also, the ineffective bowling was the main culprit more so than batting. Failed to bowl out SA on day 5, failed to press home the advantage in the match where McCullum made 300, not sure they even took all 10 wickets in an innings across 4 Tests in Australia.

Taking listento_me seriously are we? Guy is there just to whinge/bait/belittle India and Indian players when not bigging up Pak and its players...

Mishy has more 50s in England than Kohli.. :p

Victor Ian

International Coach
Is there a Jimmy Anderson love thread? I'd imagine so. How good is this guy? Must be in the top few non Asian bowlers in Asia ever.

Groundking

International Debutant
Haha not even close
LOL

Since Anderson became good in 2010, he's take 46 wickets @ 22.93, and there's only 5 players with a better average with as many or more wickets than that, Steyn, Hadlee, Roberts, Walsh and Hall (Pace only).

Before 2010 He had taken just 12 wickets in Asia at 45.41 :laugh:

EDIT: Steyn has 90 wickets in Asia :blink:

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
LOL

Since Anderson became good in 2010, he's take 46 wickets @ 22.93, and there's only 5 players with a better average with as many or more wickets than that, Steyn, Hadlee, Roberts, Walsh and Hall (Pace only).

Before 2010 He had taken just 12 wickets in Asia at 45.41 :laugh:

EDIT: Steyn has 90 wickets in Asia :blink:
It does show how Jimmy has really developed his all-round skills. Years ago he was considered purely a threat when conditions were right, when he could swing it round corners he was a threat. If there was no swing on a flat deck he was considered next to useless. Now, he is a genuine threat on any pitch in the world, he still has that unplayability about him when it is swinging with his ability to hoop it both ways with little discernible difference in his action, but it is his skills and control in places like India when he encounters a pitch as flat as this day one track which is so impressive.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Mishy has more 50s in England than Kohli.. :p
I was there for that innings. He looked pretty class against some really fantastic bowling, completely showed up (admittedly latter era) Tendulkar at the other end.

Shame he doesn't produce more innings like that, not that he gets much chance.

Gob

International Coach
Virat's average is closing in on 50 now.Can he truly break away from the Amla, Vaughan group and join more prestigious Smith, Root, KW group?Only time will tell

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Oh wow you just reminded me of that whole thing and I've spent the last five minutes laughing at the original posts.

Stapel

International Regular
However, if it's true that the pitch will start turning at about lunch tomorrow........
I'm not convinced..... As if a fairly decent deck will suddenly become a turner, because a few gentlemen are having lunch a 100 yards away......