• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

listento_me

U19 Captain
Oh JImmy, why did I doubt thee? I shall repent.

Anyway, looks like we're in for another draw. These flat, flat tracks in India do not help their test side one bit. India are a pretty horrible touring side outside of playing the test minnows, i.e. playing in English, Aus, SA conditions and it's because their batsmen do not experience anything beyond these types of strips. I would have thought they would make more competitive wickets considering how the last match went.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh JImmy, why did I doubt thee? I shall repent.

Anyway, looks like we're in for another draw. These flat, flat tracks in India do not help their test side one bit. India are a pretty horrible touring side outside of playing the test minnows, i.e. playing in English, Aus, SA conditions and it's because their batsmen do not experience anything beyond these types of strips. I would have thought they would make more competitive wickets considering how the last match went.
Really? With the exception of the last 3 Tests in England, they competed well in all those series. Let's see how things go before labeling this as a flat track.

Also, the ineffective bowling was the main culprit more so than batting. Failed to bowl out SA on day 5, failed to press home the advantage in the match where McCullum made 300, not sure they even took all 10 wickets in an innings across 4 Tests in Australia.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
These flat, flat tracks in Australia do not help their test side one bit. Australia are a pretty horrible touring side outside of playing the test minnows, i.e. playing in English, Indian, Sri Lankan, SA conditions and it's because their batsmen do not experience anything beyond these types of strips. I would have thought they would make more competitive wickets considering how the last match went.
Awta.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
Great from Jimmy. First 30 minutes tomorrow we need 2 wickets, one of which has to be Kohli else we are done for I reckon. India's tail has been the best in the world I believe statistically over last 12 months.

morgieb

Really? With the exception of the last 3 Tests in England, they competed well in all those series. Let's see how things go before labeling this as a flat track.

Also, the ineffective bowling was the main culprit more so than batting. Failed to bowl out SA on day 5, failed to press home the advantage in the match where McCullum made 300, not sure they even took all 10 wickets in an innings across 4 Tests in Australia.
You did at Melbourne and Brisbane.

Trouble is that you also failed to bowl us out for under 500 in any of those Tests....

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Great from Jimmy. First 30 minutes tomorrow we need 2 wickets, one of which has to be Kohli else we are done for I reckon. India's tail has been the best in the world I believe statistically over last 12 months.
And the debutant Jayant has a FC double century.

OverratedSanity

You did at Melbourne and Brisbane.

Trouble is that you also failed to bowl us out for under 500 in any of those Tests....
We actually had Australia down on the mat at Brisbane but then Dhoni went to his ****ing brain dead 'let's bowl nothing but bouncers to tailenders' plan and allowed the last 3-4 wickets to get 250 or something. Brutal.

vcs

We actually had Australia down on the mat at Brisbane but then Dhoni went to his ****ing brain dead 'let's bowl nothing but bouncers to tailenders' plan and allowed the last 3-4 wickets to get 250 or something. Brutal.
Ishant fluked that 7-fer at Lord's where 2 or 3 batsmen holed out at square leg and they genuinely thought it was a legitimate strategy. :laugh:

Actually, our fast bowlers did use short pitched bowling very effectively at the 2015 WC, but then again, it's a different matter in limited-overs cricket. Also, they used it as a surprise tactic in that tournament.

Bijed

International Regular
Pleased for Jimmy, was a little unsure about how he'd fare. However, if it's true that the pitch will start turning at about lunch tomorrow before proceeding to crumble big-time, I fear we may have already let the game slip away from us, barring an incredible collapse from India tomorrow morning.