• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

adub

International Captain
Well they did pick Mennie, so obviously the must bowl 140km rule is out the window. Copeland looking for a big game tomoz. #genuinenumber7

CapeTown Guy

School Boy/Girl Captain
To top it off, I dont think I've ever seen Philander bowl a 135km/h ball! That would certainly be the upper end of his capabilities.

adub

International Captain
Ashton Turner

First name Ashton, so must be good for at least 98 on debut.
Last name Turner, so must be perfect for Indian conditions.

#aussieselectorthoughts

howardj

International Coach
After hearing about the flaws in Bancroft's record, I'm inclined to stick with Burns to partner Warner - then have a fresh look when SMarsh is fit

What will happen at number 6? I think they're more inclined to want an all-rounder in Adelaide

Blocky

Banned
Ah yeah fair call. Have heard things about NZ cricket pundits, but obviously I'm more exposed to Aussie ones.

England probably a bit different, perhaps because of class differences in cricketing culture compared to us.
Mark Reason and Joe Romano would beat the brakes off of any Aussie pundit in terms of sheer stupidity.

Yes, he was a joke. It was to the point where the two options on the table were to either drop Wade or stop bothering selecting a spinner.
I'd argue this is still the case... I've always felt Lyon got wickets due to the pressure and performance of other bowlers, now that pressure has gone off and suddenly he's back to being the average bowler he was previously... NZ picks a spinner for the sake of it, and Aussie seem to be falling into the same trap, you've got Steve Smith if you're really desperate for some spin overs and surely someone else in the Aussie line up can bowl some passable offies if needed.

howardj

International Coach
Is anybody here going to the Adelaide Test?

I'm flying down from Brisbane with a friend and, though it's a dead-rubber, am really looking forward to it

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
After hearing about the flaws in Bancroft's record, I'm inclined to stick with Burns to partner Warner - then have a fresh look when SMarsh is fit

What will happen at number 6? I think they're more inclined to want an all-rounder in Adelaide
If they want an 'allrounder' then I assume MMarsh'll come back in. I desperately do not want that to happen though.

Victor Ian

International Coach
I'd suggest if you're going to have a sook about that then you don't belong in a test team. Sorry, I know that sounds harsh but to me it rings true.
You've already blown my likes budget for today. Perhaps it is time you and your son played for Australia.

social

I'd suggest if you're going to have a sook about that then you don't belong in a test team. Sorry, I know that sounds harsh but to me it rings true.
Apparently there are 8 players who were paid $1 million plus by CA last year

If they have a moan about copping a bit of criticism when the team is arguably performing as badly as any Oz team in history then I suggest they try a real job and see the reaction from their boss when they consistently **** up

social

What are people's thoughts on Jake Lehmann? FC average of 48, and coming off a century in his most recent Shield match.
Rogers spoke about him on the ABC the other day and basically said real talent, great against the faster bowlers but needs to do a lot of work against spin

Seemed to me that he was basically saying "wait a few years."

howardj

International Coach
Rogers spoke about him on the ABC the other day and basically said real talent, great against the faster bowlers but needs to do a lot of work against spin

Seemed to me that he was basically saying "wait a few years."
Thanks for that

So it seems the general consensus on these boards is that Patterson should come in, but none of the other bats (including Bancroft and Lehmann) are deserving at this point

Marius

International Debutant
Thanks for that

So it seems the general consensus on these boards is that Patterson should come in, but none of the other bats (including Bancroft and Lehmann) are deserving at this point
I saw Wade said Peter Handscomb should play. His record over the last few seasons looks pretty good, any chance of him being picked?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rod Marsh has resigned effective immediately as selector.

I'm just writing away to CA to apply for the job.