• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think he's a really good player. Old school.

Chance had been coming for a while, Mennie had been hitting the inside half of his bat for a couple of overs there. Tough one but badly needed,

Victor Ian

International Coach
Aussies need to take a long hard look at Bavuma. No need to contact Rodgers or any other expert. Something has happened and they have stopped his scoring, yet he is not throwing his wicket away refusing to believe there are difficult moments. I hope he gets his 100.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I like the stat mentioned that Bavuma has faced more balls than the entire Australian innings. Obviously de Kock has outscored that innings too.

Chrish

International Debutant
Always thought Temba was in the team due to all the wrong reasons.. But he is proving me wrong. Kinda like Amla who also started as a quota player.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I bet if our bats were asked what they thought of Bavumas innings I have the feeling "not enough intent" would be the answer.

Starfighter

I bet if our bats were asked what they thought of Bavumas innings I the feeling "not enough intent" would be the answer.
Speaking of that, I've had the sound off. Warne or any others made comments to that effect? It annoys me that hardly anyone in the Aus system would understand why this has been a good innings.

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
Weather is supposed to be fair for the next 2 days..how far should SA go? 300 lead and declare? Or go for as many as possible given they aren't bowled out..

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
Speaking of that, I've had the sound off. Warne or any others made comments to that effect? It annoys me that hardly anyone in the Aus system would understand why this has been a good innings.
Surely people like Lehman and Smith should be able to use this innings as a template to show that the Aus middle order needs to do.

It is very disappointing though. And it sucks.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Nicholas at least said he was making them bowl to him.

Burgey

Clarke making some interesting points during this delay about attitude to batting in these conditions.

Burgey

Happy to see Mennie get a wicket. He's kept things reasonably tight without looking particularly threatening.

StephenZA

Looks like this could be a quick end to the innings...... will not be to unhappy about that, since the ball is nipping about a bit.

Burgey

He's a good operator, Haze. No frills but does enough off the deck to be a handful in most conditions. Can see him taking hte most test wickets out of any of the current crop of young(ish) Australian bowlers tbh. Simple action, repeatable, handy in most if not all conditions.