• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How predictable of C9 to ask about declaring, when clearly on this pitch you want as many runs as possible.

Also Haze!

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Guess with 2 wickets down you can waste referrals.

Interesting it was only "umpire's call" on hitting.

morgieb

How predictable of C9 to ask about declaring, when clearly on this pitch you want as many runs as possible.

Also Haze!
I think the logic is that they won't get that many runs in this situation. Usually declaration talk is silly but I can kinda see the logic looking at what the wicket is doing.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Commentary re declaration pretty dire here..

Also... that's a very smug 5for face when you're 200+ behind... :laugh:

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Yeah, I can see the logic of declaring here. Ball's started to do a bit after the rain delay. Might not be the worst thing to try and get Warner out there quickly.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

Also Haze!
Honestly, I reckon it's written in their contracts that they have to mention declarations at any opportunity, like it's a money spinner or something. It's actually nuts how much the CH9 team mention declaration. It's day three, the game is advanced enough without ****ing declaring. Jeepers.

Haze is a gun. Seems like a good bloke too.

OverratedSanity

Honestly, I reckon it's written in their contracts that they have to mention declarations at any opportunity, like it's a money spinner or something. It's actually nuts how much the CH9 team mention declaration. It's day three, the game is advanced enough without ****ing declaring. Jeepers.

Haze is a gun. Seems like a good bloke too.
The ball's started to nip around a lot though. Philander would love to bowl to Warner asap.

Burgey

How solid was Rabada's forward defence first rock? Got a few of our top order blokes covered tbh

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
The ball's started to nip around a lot though. Philander would love to bowl to Warner asap.
Yeah, true. Guess I was playing the man (men) not the ball. Hit out or get out is in order.

This could really be 85 all over again and as someone who takes great pleasure in the misery of others (only currently, because their side is largely hopefully in the Test arena at present), I hope it is.

Midwinter

State Captain
He's a good operator, Haze. No frills but does enough off the deck to be a handful in most conditions. Can see him taking hte most test wickets out of any of the current crop of young(ish) Australian bowlers tbh. Simple action, repeatable, handy in most if not all conditions.
yeah he is good

Ideally tho' Hazlewood would be the first change bowler,.

Bring back Patto asap

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
God Starc excels in bowling crap sometimes. He'll never take consistent wickets until he finds a consistent line and length.